Cabanas on Princess Cays?

Gaynors

:mad: Have checked it 3 times and is not on my doucments for Sept 4 cruise. Maybe something going to happen after that date. Anyone on cruise for Sept 4, please look at their personalizer and let me know if it is there -:o

If this is true, the first person there to see them in person needs to take some photos to share with us ok?

WOW this could be big!

So being curious and wanting a cabana got on my cruise personalizer to see if I could "reserve" one...was sure I did something like that....but lo and behold no cabanas to be found???? :eek:

Now when I went to look under the "shore excursions" link from the Princess home page and entered Caribbean, port of call Princess Cays, there it was - but if you look closely it seems to only be available from Sept 30, 2004 - May 15, 2005 (http://www.princess.com/planner/shorex/shorexdisplay.jsp

As I am travelling 8/14 I don't seem to have this on my personalizer, however it seems those travelling in late september are able to reserve these on their cruise personalizer......can anyone else please confirm this??? :)

Thanks,

I'm looking through the Princess Adventures Ashore booklet and there is nothing about cabanas on Princess Cays. We are scheduled on Caribbean Princess 9/11/04. I have a question, why would you pay $8 per person? It's not like a ride you get on where they would collect tickets or something. How do they know how many people would be using the cabana. It doesn't make sense to me. On Holland America's private island there were a few cabanas that were fairly large. They didn't have many so they were offered to those in the very, very big suites on a first-come, first-served basis. Even at that, the charge was per cabana not per person. If they are available on Princess Cay, I'll get my husband to get one for $8 and then I'll ask him if I can use it too.

No matter whether they have them or not, I hope to be spending most of my time in the beautiful, clear, warm Caribbean water.

Have fun.

Kellyann

Well, if they are only available starting Sept. 30 then maybe our Sept. 25 cruise will be the first to "see" them. We will be at Princess Cays on Oct. 1.

Well, if they are there we have one reserved and will report back.

Kellyann- We chose two adults at $8 per day, because I am under the impression (I'm not sure why) that it would be one of those small clamshell deals and I want two chairs.

Maybe in the meantime someone else will straighten all this out. :D

Just left Princess Cays and are heading for Jamica. There are no cabanas at Princess Cays nor are there any on the excursion sheet at the excursion desk. Calm seas after a huge downpour leaving Ft Lauderdale, but the weather's been nice.That should settle the cabana issue (in fact, I didn't even see any clams)

thanks marlinmike for the most up to date information!!! :cool:

I'll continue to keep my hopes up that some "cabanas" will appear on Princess Cays before my September sailing.... :D

Woah baby! THAT'S a point in favor of trying HAL if I ever heard one!

Score now: HAL 1, Princess 12540

Chris, I think you are being a little unfair here. This deserves at least 2 points. When we were at Half Moon (via HAL) and rented a cabana we were also supplied with a butler, beverages, a misting water shower over the lounge chairs, fruit, chips and salsa and then when it came time for the BBQ the Butler brought our food to us. It was the hi-lite of our trip, 2nd only to renting the Harleys on Ft. Lauderdale. We decided that should be counted as an excursion too!

I have only been on one cruise and that was HAL. I'm scheduled on the Caribbean Princess next year. I enjoyed HAL but I had nothing else to compare it too. After reading all the reviews .... I'm glad it was my first or I may have been really disappointed. However, I would love to re-live that day on Half Moon with my Cabana!!!!

Don't quote me on this but I think I read somewhere that the cabanas are being added sometime in September and that may be why no one has seen them yet! We are one of the lucky ones on the Oct 16th sailing that has booked two cabanas on Princess Cays!

I talked to Princess and the lady told me that these clam shell like gizmos were ordered for Princess Cays. They don't know how many they are getting or when they will be there.If they are ordered on the cruise personalizer and they are not available they of course would not charge you. I had to drag out of her what info I got and felt like I was talking to the IRS.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello all! We are on the CP 10-16 and we reseved cabanas for our group. If you want to see the details of how we all found out, go to roll calls and find the one for CP 10-16-04 started by cruzinmama. We have a great group!

One of our members saw the cabanas come up on the web out of the blue one day. She (bless her soul :D ) wrote about it on the roll call. There were 40? cabanas when she started, and by the end of that day our group had rented every last one of them! I have 4 people in my party, when I rented them it removed 4 from the list, so I guess they are 1 per person.

We are having a get together the 1st day at sea with our roll call members. Guess the cabanas will be the site of our going away party! :cool:

By the way our cruise docs said nothing about the cabanas. Only found them by the website. Good luck and happy cruising!

Archived