Bringing Local Beer and Wine from Ports for Consumption in Cabin

mocha's mom

I know that you've got to surrender any liquor purchased while in port to Carnival for delivery the night before you disembark.....

BUT..... Can you bring back local beer and wine from the ports for consumption in your cabin or the dining room?

Technically, no. It falls under the same guidelines as hard spirits.

Whether you actually *do* turn it in to Security upon reboarding in port is another matter entirely.

It's not just "liquor", they state "alcoholic beverages"... so technically, as Tef said... No... some have smuggled it on with no problem and some have had it held until the end of the cruise...

If we were to bring back a bottle of wine or a six pack of beer from the port in our knapsack, would the cruise authorities take it away when they scaned it?

Is this what they are looking when they x-ray packages and bags for or is it for weapons and that sort of thing?

If we were to bring back a bottle of wine or a six pack of beer from the port in our knapsack' date=' would the cruise authorities take it away when they scaned it?

Is this what they are looking when they x-ray packages and bags for or is it for weapons and that sort of thing?[/quote']

The may or may not take it as has already been stated. They are looking for all of the above.

If we were to bring back a bottle of wine or a six pack of beer from the port in our knapsack' date=' would the cruise authorities take it away when they scaned it?

Is this what they are looking when they x-ray packages and bags for or is it for weapons and that sort of thing?[/quote'] When re-boarding the ship in SXM, I had four bottles of assorted spirits iinside of some bags. The security officer at the x-ray machine saw them during the scan and pointed me towards the table that was set up for the purpose of turning in one's purchases. There was a line of about 5-7 people and it was total chaos. I had every intention of turning them in, but after standing in line for about six minutes and not moving forward *at all* I simply got out of line and went on my way down the hall. No one noticed, much less said anything about it.

At embarkation only, you can bring a bottle of wine or champagne. For a complete listing of what you can and cannot bring on board, you can go to the Carnival website, or refer to your brochure...

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

As to what anyone brings on, you may or may not have it confiscated... that is your choice.

I had every intention of turning them in, but after standing in line for about six minutes and not moving forward *at all* I simply got out of line and went on my way down the hall. No one noticed, much less said anything about it.

Good move!:D

My experience has been the same. I have brought back beer from Mexico, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica (10 bottles of Red Stripe). They scan it and tell you to check it at a table. The table is mobbed, and I just walk past it. Way too much trouble for them to confiscate it and then return it to you on the last night.

Archived