Med weather Oct 30 thru Nov 14

derricj

• 2 weeks later...
We're also thinking of going on this cruise beginning in Venice on Oct 30. I have until tomorrow (2/14) to decide. I have same concerns - weather and lack of daylight.

Eileen Joan

I am booked. Weather is a minor concern. Seems like lows in the 50s to highs in the uppers 60s. Rain season is in Nov. Spain will be coldest part of trip. Pack some silks and get on board. Cruise is filling up.

We're also thinking of going on this cruise beginning in Venice on Oct 30. I have until tomorrow (2/14) to decide. I have same concerns - weather and lack of daylight.

Eileen Joan

Weather is not a major conern. Some silk will handle any cold days. Lows in the 50s and highs in the upper 60s in Venice. Gets warmer as the ship moves south. Barcelona may be the coldest area. Only the rain would cause some discomfort. Season starts in November.

Rain or shine, hot or cold, it will be a great trip.

We made the same trip in 2006 sailing from Venice on 10/20. The weather was near perfect the entire trip after a few showers in Venice. Best of all the ports were not crowed at all because it was 'off season.'

I booked the trip! Like the song, I'm going and I'm gonna have a happy time! I have been longing to get back on one of the old R ships after taking my first cruise on the R8. I do hope the rain holds off as a river cruise on the Danube last year had the worst weather I've ever had on a vacation - rain 12 days out of the 14. A big UGH! I cruised the Greek islands and Croatia in October and the weather was great so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'm interested in any independent tours anyone will be taking.

Archived