Inaugural cruise bookings?

cruisinclergy

How far in advance do cruise lines begin bookings for inaugural cruises?

Any tips or advice...should I try for the maiden voyage, or a month or so later? What if the maiden voyage is delayed for whatever reason. With all the new ships coming out in the next 3 years and our 25th anniversary in 09, I'm thinking this would be a great way to celebrate.

thanks for your help.

Roger

Generally the 'maiden' cruise isn't really the first cruise anyway. Personally I think it's best to wait a month or so, giving the new crew time to adjust to each other and get all the kinks worked out. Though the crew is experienced and generally taken from other ships it does take some time for them to work together smoothly.

We were on the second sailing of the Crown and other then the wrong gas being delivered - things were great. In '98 we were on one of the first Carnival Elation cruises - again, things were perfect (to us).

I guess I'd be a little apprehensive if I was on the first official sailing just in case things had to be postponed. I have toschedule my vacations pretty far in advance so a last minute cancellation or postponement would really put me in a mood!

Whenever you go - as long as you go with the flow things will be great. Our 25th is coming up soon, thinking of cruising to Tahiti.

We booked the Grand's first transatlantic crossing. This was good because she had a few months in the Med to break the staff in and get rid of any problems with the ship. It was really exciting sailing into NYC at sunrise with all the hoopla given to a new ship!! Fireboats and helicopters leading us into the harbor.

We booked the cruise 18 months before her first voyage. There were 3500 passengers waitlisted....so make your reservations ASAP. Our travel agent had our request, so as soon as bookings opened we booked.

Happy Sailing, Denise

Archived