Dive Sites

lugal

Most will be dive only...or Snorkel only (I don't know of any Snorkeling off a boat except Jolly Rogers) Gumbalimba Park does offer snorkeling and Snuba diving on cruise ship days. They haven't really expanded into SCUBA yet. What are you trying to accomplish?...some in your party Scuba diving and some Snorkeling? Most do not do this as diver's go to dive sites (60+ foot depths to reef) and snorkelers to snorkel sites (5 foot reef depths). I would suggest a compromise of SNUBA. Divers get to dive to 20 feet and Snorkelers who don't want to go down can stay at the surface and breathe from the regulator. Yet most people go down when it's all said and done. www.gumbalimbapark.com

I've traveled to Roatan many times over the last 12 years. Many of the dive sites are very good for either scuba or snorkle - the reef is in fairly shallow water most of the way around the island.

A couple of possibilities for you - Sueno Del Mar dive shop, located in West End community. They have been around for a long time, the shop is owned & staffed by good people. If you want to dive & then spend some time in/on the beach, they'd be a good option (you could dive with them, then spend the rest of your time exploring around West End or West Bay beach).

Cocoview Resort; I think they allow cruise visitors. They have an excellent shore dive setup & an area that is fantastic snorkeling.

I don't have email contact info for either of them, but I'd imagine you can find 'em by googling the names.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived