Carnival First Timer . . .

gidewey

I am sailing on Holiday on 3/3/07 with my daughter during college spring break (hey she's a Chem major so I decided to take the hit and go on a cruise with her. Big sacrifice on my part, huh?).

Question: How do I let Carnival know that I am Gold with Princess (so I can get all the BIG benefits : ) ). Probably "just call and tell them," right?

Thanks. By the way, the Holiday came highly recommended by a friend.

Jerry

Past guest benefits do not cross lines within CCL. You will be a first timer on Carnival. The only benfit I am awear of that you would be entitled to is prefered rates on select cruises. Your TA or PVP should be able to tell you if such rates are available on your sailing.

I am sailing on Holiday on 3/3/07 with my daughter during college spring break (hey she's a Chem major so I decided to take the hit and go on a cruise with her. Big sacrifice on my part, huh?).

Question: How do I let Carnival know that I am Gold with Princess (so I can get all the BIG benefits : ) ). Probably "just call and tell them," right?

Thanks. By the way, the Holiday came highly recommended by a friend.

Jerry

First of all, congrats on having a chem major. (Mom of a freshman Chemical Engineering student here) Their teams of 3 had to build a remote control submarine (with a robotic arm) for their 1 hour Intro to Engineering class.

So we took our son on a cruise to celebrate their success in December.

Anyway, the Holiday is the smallest and oldest ship that Carnival sails.

That being said, we sailed her twice in 2003 and had an amazing time.

There is no atrium though and with all the advertisements focusing on that part of the ship...I did not want you to be disappointed.

The Holiday is easy to get around. The food and staff are pretty consistant on all the Carnival ships...so that will be fine. There is putt putt!!

It will have all the fun things like karaoke, etc. The piano bar is kinda hard to find...so make sure you don't miss it.

I just found out that Pat Moore is the "Bus Stop" (Promenade) entertainer and he is wonderful. Very talented, handsome and fun.

Sadly, the "perks" are not reciprocated between sister cruise lines (except between Princess and Cunard).

I know you will have a wonderful cruise.

Archived