Empress questions?????

We just spent 11 days on Empress (1/15-1/26 07)

Very small for a junior suite but comfortable.

We awoke daily to a coating of soot and particulates from the stack. Don't go out on the balcony in bare feet before you retire for the evening or you'll have the stuff all over your sheets.

Great itinerary and pleasant steff.

Hi Steveok,

When you speak of your JS having soot, I'm guessing you were in an aft cabin. Would you please tell us what cabin number and post any pictures you may be willing to share on the cabin and balcony.

Inquiring (Empress) minds really really really want to know. :rolleyes:

Hi Planer

You get one credit for a cruise

One credit for staying in JS or above

One credit for a cruise over 12 nights

...so the max you can get is 3 credits [for a 12n+ cruise in a JS or above]

Hope you are both well [and love to Rummie too]!

Hey Lady,

How are you? Are you allowed to sail on the competition anymore? We have a great one coming up in October that may interest you. 14 days on the Dawn??

PE

Can you tell me what cabin number you were in? I am trying to piece all this info together for others who ask questions on my Roll Call.

Thanks. ;)

We were in Cabin 7688. I'm sure the soot problem is for all the aft cabins not just ours. No sitting area in cabin , just one little ,uncomfortable swivel chair. More vibration and "clanging in the night than other RCCl aft cabins. (We've had 4). Get up to deck 9 asap

I will have JS 9644, which we had in 2004 and there is no noise and no soot.;)

You're ok. We had friends there and no problemo!

It's almost time to start packing for our 11-day Empress cruise departing Feb. 26! Docs should be ready this week or next. Over a year ago I booked aft cabin 8686, listed as a junior suite. The Royal Caribbean website stated that it included a sitting area, but I have since learned that it does not. (Thanks, CarpeCerevisi, for all the details.) Anyway, DH and I love to cruise, and I am certain we will enjoy it, soot or not. Now, here is my current question. What is the theme in the dining room (you know--menu choices, special activities, etc.) on the evening after leaving St. Lucia. DH and I will be celebrating our anniversary and I am considering booking reservations at Portofino's that night unless there is something really special going on in the dining room. Thanks in advance.

Rhapsody of the Seas 4/21/2002

Rhapsody of the Seas 3/2/2003

Splendour of the Seas 2/19/2004

Rhapsody of the Seas 5/23/2004

Grandeur of the Seas 2/26/2005

Splendour of the Seas 1/20/2006

Freedom of the Seas 9/10/2006

Empress of the Seas 2/26/2007

Hi,

We were in Cabin 7688. I'm sure the soot problem is for all the aft cabins not just ours. No sitting area in cabin , just one little ,uncomfortable swivel chair. More vibration and "clanging in the night than other RCCl aft cabins. (We've had 4). Get up to deck 9 asap

Thanks steveok,

I know I am good and wanted others to see your cabin number. ;)

People get real upset when they find out what they booked is not what they picture in their minds. :eek: :(

Ha, thats what we get for being in steerage ;)

Alexis, That picture link is always good for 7690 if you want to add it to your post collection

Thank you bermudashorts, I would love to add that to my collection.

There is no such thing as "steerage" on a cruise ship. :D Now admit it. As long as we are in a cabin on a cruise, there are no bad cabins.

My mistake was spoiling my husband several years ago with a balcony cabin and now he won't sail any other way.:rolleyes:

I also booked the Nov. 5 when she first came out at a GREAT price.;)

It's almost time to start packing for our 11-day Empress cruise departing Feb. 26! Docs should be ready this week or next. Over a year ago I booked aft cabin 8686, listed as a junior suite. The Royal Caribbean website stated that it included a sitting area, but I have since learned that it does not.

Please come back and post about cabin/balcony 8686 after your cruise.

Have a super time! :)

On any cruise you can get a second credit for staying in a JS and above category. That includes 3 - 11 night cruises.

You can also get a second credit if you sail a 12 NIGHT cruise/cruise tour and up in any cabin category.

You can earn a third credit if you sail a 12 NIGHT cruise/cruise tour and up in a JS and above.

The most you can earn is 3 credits per cruise.

I am still fairly new to cruising. Can you please explain the "cruise credit" thing? I was thinking of booking a junior suite on empress. What kind of credit do you get for it? is it money towards your next cruise?

Thanks.

(I am learning!)

I am still fairly new to cruising. Can you please explain the "cruise credit" thing? I was thinking of booking a junior suite on empress. What kind of credit do you get for it? is it money towards your next cruise?

Thanks.

(I am learning!)

Cruise Credits are what you earn when you sail RCCL and then join the RCCL Crown and Anchor Society. You sign up for the C&A as soon as you complete your first cruise.

On any cruise you can get a second credit for staying in a JS and above category. That includes 3 - 11 night cruises.

You can also get a second credit if you sail a 12 NIGHT cruise/cruise tour and up in any cabin category.

You can earn a third credit if you sail a 12 NIGHT cruise/cruise tour and up in a JS and above.

The most you can earn is 3 credits per cruise. If you click on the below links, you can see what you will earn.

I have just become a Diamond member, (10 CREDITS) and I got a Diamond member $300.00 balcony cabin credit for my Empress Cruise and a $225.00 RCCL discount coupon off my Empress cruise. That is a $525.00 savings. The more you cruise the faster you earn these rewards.

If you have any questions, we are all glad to help answer them for you.;)

cas_gold_bld.gifGold

After 1st Completed Cruise

cas_plat_bld.gifPlatinum

After 5 Completed Cruise Credits

cas_diamond_bld.gifDiamond

After 10 Completed Cruise Credits

cas_diamondplus_bld.gifDiamond Plus

After 24 Completed Cruise Credits

Archived