really weird question...

MamaParrotHead

DH is one of "those" people who needs to sleep with the noise of a fan each night. Before our last cruise, I found one to take with us and it worked great (it's a little 16" box fan). He carried it on the plane in his carry on last time (5/05), no problem. Does anyone foresee a problem this time, with all the new restrictions?

DH is one of "those" people who needs to sleep with the noise of a fan each night. Before our last cruise, I found one to take with us and it worked great (it's a little 16" box fan). He carried it on the plane in his carry on last time (5/05), no problem. Does anyone foresee a problem this time, with all the new restrictions?

Can't answer your question but "yes", it is a wierd question.Made me think about how much I like my ceiling fan and how great it would be to have one in cruise ship room.

I don't forsee a problem on the 'plane, many people take motors in their regular luggage,- shavers, driers, blenders. However, cruise ships MAY consider a fan a fire hazard, since it can be left on while the cabin is unattended. I know, this is no problem to you, or I, but, since the fire on Star Princess regulations may be stricter. In any event I would call both your air line and cruise line to make sure.

john

We also sleep with a fan and have a small (about 12") box fan that we travel with. I pack it in one of our carry-on bags and have never had a problem. Most recent trips have been our Caribbean cruise in July/August and a couple of domestic flights in October and December. No questions and no problems from security.

Cheers!

Jayne

:):)

Weird question calls for a weird answer :D

Do you have a mini CD player with speakers or a portable player that takes one small speaker?

If so follow this link http://www.purewhitenoise.com/whitenoisecd.html#fan

My DH had for years to use "white noise" to sleep, and sounds like that is somethig that your DH is achieving with the fan. There are what we call "Magic Sound Machines" available at Walmart, Academy, and such. They are sleep sound machines, very small, travel well and have several sounds to select from. Often they have rain, heartbeat, waves, etc...and we have found the straight "white noise" setting to be the best. Try one, they are cheap ($12), small, very easy to travel with and WONDERFUL! We have our home model and our "travel" model! Hope this helps, would be much easier and light to pack/travel with.

My DH had for years to use "white noise" to sleep, and sounds like that is somethig that your DH is achieving with the fan. There are what we call "Magic Sound Machines" available at Walmart, Academy, and such. They are sleep sound machines, very small, travel well and have several sounds to select from. Often they have rain, heartbeat, waves, etc...and we have found the straight "white noise" setting to be the best. Try one, they are cheap ($12), small, very easy to travel with and WONDERFUL! We have our home model and our "travel" model! Hope this helps, would be much easier and light to pack/travel with.

Most cruise ships have small fans available; just ask your room steward.

I did not know this. I learn something new here everyday. I read alot of comments that say ask your room steward and he will get you one. Boy would I like to see the closet he hides all these items in.

Archived