Suggestions for Alaskan Pearl cruisers?

cruisegal134

I have read yourr blog from the Pearl's Transatlantic cruise and just loved it! I know that the Pearl has not yet set sail for Alaska, but any suggestions for those of us that will be on the Pearl in May?

I believe you were in a suite, but any thoughts from anyone that was in a BA? I am concerned about bed size for the DH and I. We are used to a King-sized bed. Are the beds comfortable? If we are lucky enough to get a call from the upsell fairy, would you change to a Mini-suite on 11? I am somewhat concerned about the noise on 12 coming down to 11.

I read your line about the Alaskan cruisers will want to hog the chairs in the Garden Restaurant. Any other suggestions on great enclosed viewing areas for us? I am assuming that it will be quite nippy on the balcony!

Thanks for any input from anyone!

You should ask a lot more people then me. On thing I would check and see if one of the aft facing BAs are open. The balcony is out of the wind and a great 180 degree view. The beds should be fine. All new bedding and two full twins that can be made up as a queen.

Mini suite will give you a little more room, a bathtub, but exactly the same sized beds. Your budget your decision. I would not worry about noise from deck 12 in Alaska.

Spinnakers will be very popular to view Alaska with a great view of both sides.

The great thing about your own balcony is if it is cold you can duck inside get warm, still see, and go back out when you want. If the weather is warm enough I have to believe the public side of the sun deck on 15 near the courtyard villas should offer great views. Also the Great Outdoors could be a wonderful protected space outside

I just hope that the tables in the Garden Café are not held by the same folks all day. Somehow I don't believe my wish will come true.

we did the star last sept, the same route you are taking.

the reviews and pictures on in my signature. we were in a BA on the star, on the 10th flood. the balcony was great, really enjoyed it. used it every day, especially glacier bay.

we loved the room, slept better then we did at home. we are, both, oversized. a little closer then we are in the king bed, but still comfy.

on our cruise, the weather was outstanding for glacier view. many people on deck. but not using the chairs. there is too much to see to sit down.

plus the ship turns, they were turn with it. my FIL and some other family members camped out in the spinnaker lounge. big windows, non-smoking..a very good place if the weather is bad. i was on the balcony most of the time. make sure your balcony is on the port side, it does make a difference. every thing the rangers talks about will be on the port side.

you will find most of the viewing is done outside, but get up early to watch the rangers board (from the port side, aft). enjoy the early morning views from the balcony. we got our food from the buffet and just chilled on the balcony until we got more into the bay.

Archived