Dark Beer???

Heather-

Does he have a brand preference? I think most of the ships in the Caribbean have Dos Equis (which I think is dark) and Grolsch (maybe dark?) My DH thinks the selection of beer has gotten much better in the past few years - in 1999 the only bottled beer we had on the Veendam was Grolsch - everything else was in cans, yuk!

Hi, DH preferrs Dark Beer also. He was fortuate that on the Oosterdam while in Alaska they carried "Alaskan Amber Ale" which is a dark beer that he really liked. The bad part is they are only offering it while in Alaska. He said other than that they really do not offer any type of Dark Beer.:(

Such bad news!!!!:( Now my friend says it won't "break the trip" but still disappointing. I'm going to ask Ship's Services when I call about our cabana. Maybe it can be a special request? Years ago I was able to order a case of Ariel (a non-alcoholic wine) thru HAL for a Windstar cruise, but that was years ago.

Both Dos Equis and Grolsch are light beers, more heavily flavored, but still classed as light.....jean :cool:

Dos Equis has two beers (that I know of). The one that is most common in the US is Dos Equis Amber, which while it isn't "dark," it isn't really light either... ;)

That is disapointing that they don't have any real dark beers. I'm a fan of a good Porter myself.

Dylan

Archived