Ilet Pinel?

rucruizin

Ilet Pinel is well worth a visit if you have the time. Your ship may offer an excursion or alternatively you can take a taxi from the pier to French Cul-de-Sac and catch the "ferry" to Pinel. If I rember correctly the ferry is $6 US return per person. A taxi from the pier is probably $25, less if your share with others.

There are two beach bars/resturants on the island and you have to pay for loungers and an umbrella - approximately $20 for two. One is called Yellow Beach and the other Karibuni. Karibuni was recently featured in Conde Nast.

We were there in October and Yellow Beach was open. Karibuni was closed at the time for annual low season closure. :)

Ilet Pinel is well worth a visit if you have the time. Your ship may offer an excursion or alternatively you can take a taxi from the pier to French Cul-de-Sac and catch the "ferry" to Pinel. If I rember correctly the ferry is $6 US return per person. A taxi from the pier is probably $25, less if your share with others.

There are two beach bars/resturants on the island and you have to pay for loungers and an umbrella - approximately $20 for two. One is called Yellow Beach and the other Karibuni. Karibuni was recently featured in Conde Nast.

We were there in October and Yellow Beach was open. Karibuni was closed at the time for annual low season closure. :)

Hey Buddy, Thanks!

I was having a little trouble with the site that night...as you can probably see. Thanks for the info. I have been to Orient before and I wanted something different. I saw Ilet Pinel in my Caribbean magazine and wanted to go last year but didn't check into it before hand. I had already decided to go when I realized it was just a little further that Orient. Want something smaller, less craziness.

Love your doggy!:)

Pinel is really nice.. 2 great restaurants there. if there are a lot of cruise ships in, it can get crowded though.

as far as Good Friday, yes, everything is closed up tight... Some of the beach bar/restaurants will be open though.

Well, that is excellent for the people of St Maarten. Nothing better than a DAY OFF!:D

Since it is a Christian holiday...

Aren't there a lot of hindu people? Maybe they don't celebrate?

Maybe It's just a good day off for them too.:)

Oh well, I've been to St Maarten before, and I'll be back. I'll just have to shop another time.;)

I was hoping to maybe pick up some Absolute, Chambourd (SP), and Cointreau. I wonder if they sell all those on the ship?

Archived