What's the consensus opinion on...

MamaParrotHead

I've been there @ 10:30 and while getting the S&S card was no wait, once you got past security, you had to stand in a queue line. Then you had to go to another area and wait in chairs.

We were among the 1st group to get on the ship (after wedding parties of course) and we were on board by noon.

You want to get to the ship and get right on? I'd say 2 PM or later but what fun is that?

Get there early, get in the line and enjoy it when you get on board.

There is plenty of exploring and drinking to do in those precious couple hours.

I liked being one of the first on. The thing is, once we got our S&S, we had to stand in line the WHOLE time. We didn't ever get to sit in the chairs (how does that work, by the way? Everyone's sitting in chairs one minute, then running to get their place in line again the next?). But I think now that I know it's a possibility, I'll bring a book or my iPod and plan to "cop a squat" for a while. :)

I was on the Valor a couple of weeks ago, as we were leaving the port area doors, around 0830, there was already a line of about 10 people standing outside. They had them behind a roped area just outside the doors...

I was on the Valor a couple of weeks ago, as we were leaving the port area doors, around 0830, there was already a line of about 10 people standing outside. They had them behind a roped area just outside the doors...

Just my opinion, but I think that 8:30 am is just a LITTLE TOO EARLY to be standing in line.:rolleyes:

I agree...we arrived around 10:00, there were probably already 30 people ahead of us in line. We had no wait on actually checking in. The thing is, once they move you to the chair area, it doesn't matter what order of line you were in, it is a free fall at that point. We were still some of the first on board, and avoided all of the lines, so it was worth it. That port is crazy regardless, there are SO many people either coming off or going on...

We have only done Miami one time within the past 5 years and I believe we arrived at 10:30am (because that is usually when we arrive). We always eat a large late breakfast just in case we are not onboard by noon having lunch.

Archived