sensation review 02/01

momxthree

okay my turn to leave a review, a little background first. This was our first cruise myself 28 dh 30 ds 9 dd 7. Emabarkation was fast and fairly well organized, we went straight to lido deck for lunch and was a little disappointed right off the start there were a few vacated tables however there was no wait staff and no tables were being cleared so we ended up having to move other peoples dirty dishes off to the side so we could have lunch, but we are very optomistic people and decided they were short staffed as everyone was busy getting ready for the sailing (The remainder of the trip this was not an issue). The rooms were great, our steward Freddy was great he made sure that our room was cleaned at least twice daily and he even left smily face cookies for the kids one evening! The food I would say was average, I am a picky eater and only really enjoyed eating in the dining room, the Seaview Grill smelled like a cafeteria (I know I know that is techinically what it is) and we didn't really eat there. The kids loved the pizza and we ordered room service a few times and it was delivered very fast and the food was great) The dining room experience was excellent the waiters were so curteous my children brought pencil crayons on the first night to dinner so they could colour there menu/activity book and forgot them, our waiter had them on the table for my kids every night after that. They did there song and dance and we all loved the entertainment. The food was great (we ate chocolate melting cake every night YUMMY) So I did have one issue and please let me know if this happens frequently (motions sickness???) an older woman at the table accross from us vomited in the middle of dinner all over her tablemates GROSS!!! I ended up leaving dinner because I lost my appetite, thank god it happened on the last night or it would have seriously dampened our dining experience. Now I don't want to come off the wrong way, I felt so sorry for her it was probably very embarrasing, but I am a bit of a wimp and vomiting grosses me out beyond belief. FYI our trip was very rough water the first and last night, although we were all fine. Oh yeah a kid vomited in the pool on fun day at sea and they had to close the pool. However with the exception of these things we loved our cruise, the entertainment, service, people, and food was great. The kids had fun (didn't really like camp carnival) spent most of there time with us. Okay sorry this is so long!!

So I did have one issue and please let me know if this happens frequently (motions sickness???) an older woman at the table accross from us vomited in the middle of dinner all over her tablemates GROSS!!! .... FYI our trip was very rough water the first and last night, although we were all fine. Oh yeah a kid vomited in the pool on fun day at sea and they had to close the pool.

Oh BOY! what a cruise. welcome home. so glad you enjoyed it despite some of the "goings ons."

I'd have to agree w/ you: yuk, yuk and yuk!

many have been saying seas have been rough lately. there hasn't been great weather down there lately. hope it warms up and calms down.

beautiful weather the day at nassau and the day at sea sunny and very warm (mind you I'm from Canada so warm to me may be different hehe) Cool in port canaveral and in the evenings, also on ship. I wish that I had of packed more sweaters and pants

FYI our trip was very rough water the first and last night, although we were all fine. Oh yeah a kid vomited in the pool on fun day at sea and they had to close the pool. QUOTE]

Well we had a kid poop in the pool on our sea day. Pretty funny though! They closed the pool for the rest of the day.

I was on this exact same date cruise and had the a different experience. We also were on the lido deck just after embarkation and the Seaview restaurant WAS crowded but there were plenty wait staff and I didn't see any dirty dishes. In fact...this group of 6 people came to a table near us and unfolded the napkins and kind of threw them around so it looked like someone was sitting there (as a way to HOLD the table while they got their food) and the wait staff were so quick, that they IMMEDIATELY came and tidied the table, not realizing why they had done it, before they even came back with their food. Keep in mind that everyone boards earlier than the 1:30 suggested time and there is no where to go since the rooms are not ready until the 1:30 stated time- this is why it seemed so overcrowded. The seas were a bit rough the first and last night but I expected it to be worse I guess. There was usually a gentle roll to our sleep but nothing drastic. We didn't do the dining room and afte reading your review I wish we had...sounds like we missed out. However...we LOVED the Seaview and the ability to come and go as we pleased without time constraints. I also wondered about the pool...it seems like one minute I'd look at it was open and the next it was empty with that netting over it. I didn't understand when it was closed and when it was open. The shows were awesome...Far From Over is a must see! Good ship for our first time cruise!

What was the weather like?

I am going on Sensation at the end of the month and was wondering if I should pack for cooler weather

I was on the ship twice in the last two months, December 16 and January 21. We had great weather both times. In January it was a bit warmer in Naasau than it was in Dec, but I found the ship air conditioning to be pretty cold and it is on the cold side in florida right now. I always check weather.com's 10 day forecast before I go to see what to pack.

Archived