Reef Club, Cabs, and Lockers

RCIFreak

Hello All, We've booked a trip to the Reef Club next Tuesday and have a few ?'s There are 5 of us so a cab may be out. do van's cost much more, and does anyone have any idea what the cost will be to the Resort. Also for anyone who's been do they have lockers where could could lock up things like our camera?

Thanks in Advance!

Hi...we've will be there this coming week and can let u know for sure. However, after hunting around the internet and talking to others I've been told it will cost $13-$15 each way in a taxi from the pier. I too am interested in the van thing. Hopefully someone on here has some info.

As per the locker thing. That is debated somewhat on here. I've been told by other posters who've already visited that they do not have lockers. On the other hand, I have contacted the management twice at the Reef Resort and was told there are indeed lockers. So who knows, I'll find out when I get there. Just to be on the safe side, I am bringing a disposable for the excursion and will be pining my money inside my suit. :p

You always hear, don't drink the water in Mexico, what about the ice?

We too are going this coming week and I was wondering about the food and drink as far as getting sick from ice in beverages, fresh vegetables, etc.

I'm sure if people were getting sick from it they would hopefully post about it.

We were at the Reef Club in mid-january and we got three vans as we has 26 in our group. We paid $4 per person each way and we got 9 in each van. We had drinks all day with ice in them and didn't have any problems. The drinks are very weak as I think I had 30 drinks that day and I didn't even get a buzz!! As far as the lockers I didn't see any, but we didn't ask about them. If you want to go in the water go down to Paradise beach, as the water at the Reef Club has alot of rocks. Keith

We were at the Reef Club last week. There are indeed lockers to rent for $5. They are beside the shack where you check out the kayaks, hobies etc.

Just a warning...if you play beach volleyball there, do not fall down on your knees. They told me AFTER I went down for a ball and tore my knee up. Oh well, a vacation scar is always a nice conversation starter!

It is probably a 10 minute walk, you can see the pier and the blue umbrella's from the Reef Club. If you have kids I would go down to Paradise Beach to get in the water, it has very nice sand in the water. The Reef Club has alot of rocks and they are sharp!

I can confirm it's a 10 min. walk!

Archived