Radiance - Alaska - Questions on times

Hi All,

I have called 3 times to RCCL but get different answers, so I am hoping that someone here knows the answer. I am trying to plan out the shore excursion times, restaurants res, and stuff like that. This will be my sisters first to Alaska and on RCCL and I want to make her experience an enjoyable one and take it all in. She has sailed on Princess only so the dining times are different for her.

According to RCCL the answers they gave me were "varies from ship to ship and itinery to itinery" or "variety of times" from 2 different people for the shows and dining times.

Anyway here are my questions

1) What time is 2nd sitting for dinner??

2) For Alaska is there a midnight Gala Buffet

3) What time are the shows for people who eat at 2nd sitting? Before or after they eat??

Thanks Much!!

Hi Shelly.. I can only answer one of your questions.. we also have second seating for dinner on Radiance in August.. my travel agent tells me that it is at 8:30 pm.. she recommended second seating because it gives time aftr re-boarding the ship on port days, to get cleaned up a bit and relax before dinner. When are you sailing ?

Hello!

We did this cruise last year and I'm so jealous. What a wonderful cruise.

First, second seating is at 8:30 PM.

There is a midnight Gala Buffett, however, read your Cruise Compass everyday, especially under the section where they list Dining. Your waiter should give you a head's up as to when it will take place.

The entertainment seating is a little tricky. Some evenings, it is before dinner, and sometimes it is after. Usually has to do with Ports and timing for the Entertainers. Read the Compass and you'll be able to prepare much better for the evening events.

Hi All,

I have called 3 times to RCCL but get different answers, so I am hoping that someone here knows the answer. I am trying to plan out the shore excursion times, restaurants res, and stuff like that. This will be my sisters first to Alaska and on RCCL and I want to make her experience an enjoyable one and take it all in. She has sailed on Princess only so the dining times are different for her.

According to RCCL the answers they gave me were "varies from ship to ship and itinery to itinery" or "variety of times" from 2 different people for the shows and dining times.

Anyway here are my questions

1) What time is 2nd sitting for dinner??

2) For Alaska is there a midnight Gala Buffet

3) What time are the shows for people who eat at 2nd sitting? Before or after they eat??

Thanks Much!!

UMMMM -- here are the true positively correct answers to your questions: "varies from ship to ship and itinerary to itinerary" and "variety of times"!!

>:-)

Sorry -- but that's it. You are just not going to get a positive answer in advance.

We did the Radiance to Alaska a couple years back. What a great trip.....

Yes seating was at 8:30, which we loved, since we were not rushed at all. Home here we're usually in bed by 9:30, so it was nice to really turn things around

In Juneau we took the canoe trip with the Salmon bake. It was the best. The bake was the most yummy ever. The salmon and all the other goodies. I vote for this if you're asking.

In Skagway we took the helicopter to the glaciers.....It was a once in a lifetime deal.

Could've passed on the floatplane in Ketchikan. Nice, but too expensive after the helicopters.....

Was on Radiance in Alaska last May. We did late dinner which was 8:30 and believe me I'm glad we did. There was so much to do during the day that we needed the time to unwind and then get ready for dinner. We were so pooped that we didn't even go to all the shows. As others have said, some were before dinner and some were after. And it seemed to conflict with our energy level. When it was before, it was too early for us to get ready. When it was after, we were too pooped to go!:o However, it stays light much later, so it does seem earlier. It's just after a couple of days you have to make sure you get some sleep:eek: I loved that ship, the Captain is the BEST (very funny -- make sure you listen to all his announcements), the food was great, the service was great. I would definitely go again. Make sure you go to the Captain's cocktail party. He's practically a standup comic:D

...the Captain is the BEST (very funny -- make sure you listen to all his announcements)...Make sure you go to the Captain's cocktail party. He's practically a standup comic:D
I completely agree with you - Captain Hernan Zini is fantastic! Very funny and personable guy and at one time was the youngest captain in RCCL's fleet. (He's only 37 or 38 now!) We even saw him playing soccer with some of the crew (including our cabin steward) on a vacant lot in Skagway.

But, alas, he is no longer on Radiance. We were on her in late August and it was his last (or next to last) sailing with her. He took some time off and then went to oversee the completion of Liberty and he will now captain her.

Archived