Pearl AA Owner's Suite to Alaska

cruisegal134

My DH and I are taking the Pearl to Alaska in May with my DH's brother and wife. We are moe financially challenged than they are, so we opted for a BA (thanks for the 2 free upgrades from NCL) on Deck 10. The in-laws are getting something bigger so we can all hang in their room if we choose (bless their little cotton socks) and they definitely want a king sized bed. They also want to be on the same Deck we are on so we aren't hoofing all over.

My question... after reading about the rooms, I suggested an AA Owner's Suite on Deck 10. They did not want to pay $13,000 or $35,000 for the top rooms, but they wanted a king-sized bed, so I thought the AA was best.

Now wonder if I am giving them bad info as the AA's are in the front of the ship. Does their deck wrap around (10504) so that if the front balcony is windy, they can go to the port side? Will they have lots more movement - I hear the waters in Alaska are calmer? Will they be able to use the balcony while sailing - with a coat of course - it IS Alaska, afterall! :D

They are very busy people,, so I am the researcher for them I would be very grateful for any info. The DH and I would even consider moving to a mini-suite on 11 (I am scared of a lounge and bowling alley over our heads on 11) if it meant they had better choices of rooms on 11, but I am not sure there are.

I hear that port side is best for Alaska, but that the aft is better for wind.

Help! This is only my second cruise, so I have a lot to learn! :o

Thanks!

They get two balconies one forward facing great when the ship is cruising slowly plus a double side balcony with a dining table and seating.

No better choice it they have to have a king sized bed. A3s, A4s, ABs, ACs, ADs, AEs all have queen sized beds.

I think some of the deck plans for the Pearl and incorrect - the bowling alley is on deck 7 so would not cause a problem on either deck 10 or deck 11. Personally, I like the deckplans on NCL Europe as they are in Adobe Acrobat and can be enlarged (to help identify cabin numbers etc). Here's the link, just click on deckplans

http://www.eu.ncl.com/ncl-eu/index_fleet.html

I had the forward suite on the Star in Alaska and I loved the forward cabin... in my opinion best views! We wil have A2 deluxe owner's suite on the pearl this time... I am concerned about the smaller room although balcony looks great. I like the private hot tub on my balcony though! I don't like that it is key access to the suite which will be bothersome for my family visitors!

Archived