back from deep sea fishing

cupidsarrrow

Just want to tell some of you that wanted to know about our deep sea fishing in Cozumel with Island Marketing Ltd. Let me tell you they were great. For six of us it costed us $350. Our driver was Thomas and our fish baiter you could say was Carlos. They were a blast. My hubby was the only one to catch a fish too, turned out it was a trophy fish, Thomas darn near fell down the ladder when we saw the size of his fish. He caught a Wahoo and it was 5 1/2 feet long and 76 pounds too. It was great to watch him bring it in. His arms and chest hurt the next day though lol.,

I would highly recommend the tres hermanos for your deep sea fishing fun. Good luck to all those fishing!!

Hi

My husband and I have booked the Tres Hermanos for a days deep sea fishing through Island Marketing in May. Glad you had a great time - did you find it easy to get to the boat from the ship?

What was the fishing like?

Many thanks

Karen

They are very friendly and at times we kept asking if their night job was stand up comedy. They were hilarious. Our ship arrived an hour late into port, and with the line up to get off the ship we arrived at the boat 2 hours late. But they were there waiting for us with smiles on. They realize ships are early and late and the amount of people to get off. Personally the fishing started out really good. we were only in the boat about 20 mins and while he was setting the last line into the water...is when the first fish hit and my hubby brought it in. We had many hits but, no other fish was to be had. My thoughts on this is everyone knows fishing always seems better first thing in the morning or late in the evening. But who knows, maybe if we wouldnt have been so late you never know. The one fish though made the entire trip worth while.

Happy fishing!!

Oh yes it was easy to get too when you know WHICH old light house to go too. Remember to print off you reciept as they use this for how much you have still to pay. It also has the street name of where the light house is.

Congratulations on your hubby's catch.

What did you do with the fish?

We're cruising with a group the end of Feb. and a few want to go deep sea fishing. Can you keep any of the fish?

Didn't know if they could clean them, pack them in dry ice and ship them back state side!! Sounds risky if the package was delayed.

Thanks for the info, the deep sea fishing excursion from the ship is a bit pricey. I'll have to check out the tour you went through.

We did not book this with the cruise line, for reasons being we wanted a more personal trip with less people and more options for fishing, the other is it was a lot cheaper on our own. Like I stated we booked with Island Marketing Ltd, and had a great time with them. Search the net like I did and you will see a bunch.

The Wahoo that my husband caught, obviously we took many pics first then decided we wanted it mounted. We put a deposit down on the fish, and the remainder is due in April when the fish will be shipped. Nowadays, most fish are not really "stuffed" as they use too. Basically it is all done from a picture, how they do it I am not too sure. It costed us $1000.00 Canadain to have it mounted and shipped to us. You can not keep you fish and return to the ship with it, that I do know. Also if you cant some of the other fish and if time permits, the fellas also knew of a place that will cook up your fish for supper later that day.

Hope this answers your questions.

Happy fishing!

Pamela

Archived