Strollers in Dining Room on RCCL

Bratbrey

I will be traveling with my 13 month old DD at the end of this month on the Enchantment of the Seas. We have late diner seating (25 in our group for my sisters wedding) and I was told by RCCL that strollers were not allowed in the dining Room? Is this true and enforced? She would normally be asleep at that time and I figured I could just bring her dinner in the stroller but now I might have to hold her all through dinner, anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks,
Stacey

Stacey

Destiny 3/00
Spirit 3/02

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. I've had no experience with strollers on RCCL, but we brought a stroller into the dining room on Princess last November (11 month old) and no one said a word (Not that I would have expected them to).

The goal is to have happy babies - and I can state with certainty that all of your fellow diners would rather see an umbrella stroller with a sleeping baby inside than a baby in your lap, who may or may not be thrilled at having been woken up. Not to mention the inconvenience for you - eating and holding a toddler? No way.

Days until my next cruise:
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;20;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Renaissance R1, July 2000: Greece and Turkey
Radiance of the Seas, July 2002: Alaska
Golden Princess, November 2003: Eastern Caribbean
Grandeur of the Seas, November, 2004: Western Caribbean

As long as it isn't a huge SUV stroller there shouldn't be any problem at all. I would think it would take up about as much room as a normal chair.
Like mentioned by the PP, they would much rather have a quiet sleeping child in the dining room then one who is overtired and awake in her own chair.
I wouldn't worry about it, just keep the stroller out of the path of traffic and there shouldn't be a problem (but I'm sure you would anyway to keep a sleeping child sleeping).

Carnival Marti Gras
Carnival Festivale
Carnival Carnivale
Carnival Tropicale
Premier Cruiselines 1987
Fascination 1/6/01 southern caribbean
Sensation 12/9/01 western caribbean
Carnival Destiny 5/5/02 southern caribbean
Carnival Paradise 2/23/03 exotic western caribbean
Carnival Pride 9/28/03 mexican riviera

I can't imagine anyone getting upset about a stoller, especially at a table of 25. Just have them remove the chair the baby would be sitting in if they were older and put the stoller in it's place. I won't take up anymore room than a person in a chair would.

• 3 years later...
we went on the enchantment last year with my daughter who was 13 months old and we used an umbrella stroller all over the ship...even in the dining room. everyone was very helpful...we also had 2nd seating and she slept thru every dinner.

I have seen a least one stroller at late seating in the dining room on 4 different RC ships. The one recommendation is to get there right as the doors are opened for second seating. The chairs were all pushed in and I saw a family zip right back to the table they were at in the back of the dining room. I don't think anyone else in the dining room even knew the stroller/sleeping baby was there. This was SO much smoother than a family I saw on another ship that had to say excuse me...pardon me..about 20 times to get to their stroller to their table after most people were already seated. The isles become SO much smaller when others are already seated. Nobody really minded moving or standing so the stroller could get by. I just made a mental note of how much easier it was for the early arrivers.

I have been on Royal with a stroller. It was not a problem in the dining room.
I had a small stroller rather than a large tank -ya know those how much do you need o yes the kitchen sink strollers -brought it right up to the table. My daughter slept through late seating.

Maybe the rule is because of the large SUV strollers which are pretty inconsiderate on a cruise or in a restaurant or any of the other venues people insist on using them!.

Enjoy your sister's wedding!

Barbara

Brought our stroller in the restaurant on the Serenade in Dec 2005--no problem. Actually, there were two of us with toddlers at our table and we both brought our strollers...plus the table next to us brought one for their baby. The key was that we were seated at a large table in the back corner. We had two sides of either a wall or a window, so plenty of space to park them.

If you tell your TA that you want to do this, they should be able to get you a table that is not on the main aisle. I'm pretty sure when we booked , we requested this. (With or without a stroller, this is my preference anyway!)

I had early seating in May on Freedom of the Seas and I can tell you that I DID see strollers lining the OUTSIDE of the dining room hallway. :eek: So does that mean they just started this new rule? I don't know. I didn't need to use our stroller so I didn't ask.

I would hope they would still allow it.

If they don't, how big is the baby? Maybe you could bring an infant carrier car seat? I brought ours when my kids were younger and they slept in that during dinner and I could keep it on a chair. I know at 13 months she is probably grown out of it...but maybe you could just use it for dinner? :(

Just back from the Western Caribbean on RC's Liberty of the Seas. We had the second seating (8:30pm) and my brother-in-law brought in their 3-month old with 3-wheel jogging stroller stroller into the dining room without problem. I also saw quite a few kids sleeping on the floors next to the tables. One family pushed two chairs together facing eachother and made a little bed each night. We opted for a babysitter each night for our two boys (16 months & 3 yrs.) and were much happier!

I saw families bringing strollers into the dining room on our recent Empress of the Seas cruise. I just can't imagine why they would stop people from this. It's to everyone's benefit when the little ones are seated and happy. I've honestly never seen RCCL deny anyone entrance to the dining room for any reason on any ship I've been on...jeans, shorts, t-shirts, etc. It's hard for me to believe that they'd finally pass a rule to enforce and that it would be directed at the little guys!

Cheryl

Archived