Questions about Future Cruise Credits?

serfergurl

I will be on the CB in March and am planning on purchasing FCC’s. I understand most of how they work, but do have a couple of questions. My DH will not be on the CB with me, can I purchase FCC for him and DS as well, even though they will not be on the ship at the time I purchase FCC? Also, does every person in the cabin have to have an FCC in order to get the reduced deposit and OBC, or if only I have one will the deposit and OBC apply to my DH and DS, who will be cruising with me the next time?

I don’t know what I would do without Cruise Critic!!!

I do know that in order to puchase an FCC, the passenger must be onboard at the time. You will not be allowed to purchase FCC's for your DH and son, in their names, if they are not sailing with you. BUT, you can purchase as many in your name as you would like while onboard.

We didn't have to purchase FCCs for our son. Since he is not required to deposit at the time of booking (because he's a minor), it is not necessary. We could not, however, purchase them for any person not sailing with us at the time. All persons must be present to get them.

Per the bottom of my FCC letter I received on our last cruise..

"This offer applies to the first two passengers in stateroom only, and is not applicable to upper berth passengers."

If you bought FCC's for your kids, I presume they were onboard with you. They can have FCC's but what I have read, they cannot use them if they are sharing a cabin with both of you for the lower 3rd -4th upper berth price on certain cruises.

Despite having read several threads on this topic, I'm still confused. When my partner and I bought FCCs last week, we were told we'd each need to buy one to get the benefits when we next ailed together. But we were also given Friends and Family referrals which were good for other peoples' OBCs, if they traveled on the same sailing as us. I'm assuming that means that the friends/family would have to be in a separate cabin? (I.e., the OP couldn't use one for her husband?) And that the reduced deposit doesn't apply to those using the referral?

How can something so seemingly simple be so complicated? Oh well, maybe I should call Princess customer service. Grumble...

If you have only 1 FCC when you book your cabin you will then pay an extra $100 for the deposit of the second person in the cabin. Both of you will receive the appropriate onboard credit. If you are putting a 3rd/4th passenger in the cabin with you no deposit is required. The onboard credit only applies to the first 2 people in the cabin. If friends are staying in a separate cabin (I'm pretty sure -but not positive- this would apply to your kids too) you can use the Share the Wealth coupons for them but you/they would have to pay their full deposit as opposed to the lower $100 deposit. They would receive the onboard credit.

Archived