formal nights on western Mariner?

We will be on the August 15th sailing of the Mariner to the western Caribbean. We are confused as to which nights are formal. Monday and----Thursday or Friday? Just anxious to fine tune our trip. Some posters have said Thursday while others say Friday...Many thanks!

That's correct and I was surprised in the informality of the formal nights. While some were dressed to the T, most were not. I was in between, with a long black skirt and dressy tops both nights. The rest of my family didn't dress up all that much and I felt way too dressed.

Hi again Judy. Thursday night is the 2nd formal night, but it was posted that they served lobster the following night (Friday). I hope this helps your plans.

Anyone else know what the meals were each night? We are trying to decide which night to go to Chops. We know what we like and don't like and are curious as to what is served each night.

On the Mariner, Monday night is formal night serving prime rib, fish etc.

Wed night was caribbean night

Thursday night was 2nd formal -Italian theme, linguini w/clams also a steak etc.

Friday night was casual night but LOBSTER & SHRIMP was served. You would think that this would be served on one of the formal nights.

Saturday was casual but most were very casual as the 1st night of the cruise was casual and most were very casual too-jeans, shorts etc.

Don't worry about how to dress - from what we saw, just wear a nice dress on the 2 formal nights and you'll be fine and men a suit. On casual nights, it seemed like anything went and no one said anything. Smart casual was kind of a joke -just seemed everyone was casual-very few men in suits that night.

This seems to be the least fav of most. Why? It sounds like it'd be a fun time for different food. What's Sun. & Tues. nite, skipped above? We're also trying to decide on a nite for Chops. Are they open Sun. nite? I read something about lunch there & then a rebuttal, so which is correct on the Mariner? TIA :)

Archived