Holiday review, my favorite ship.

mrBit

with 5th in 18 days, and 6th Apr 23, C'mon Dave..My 2nd w/ Dave I might add..this time met lovely wife Michelle..both great dancers!..I agree with Cotton.....and the menu has been upgraded since Nov cruises..I have become pals with Chef Georg Schneider:D (eat your heart out, y'all) (my moms name also...He didnt agree with Geo Blancs selections..mostly the plating time element..Cotton will concur...(specially on those mega liners).I have many cruises on other lines, and just started back up in Sept..and think of no other now!. Hubby just went on 10day RCCL w/me and didnt "get" what I was always talking about.:confused: .last night he stated he wants to go on "HER"..he works out of the area, 4000 miles away. So his time with me needs to be spent w/quality activities.:) Also shorter iten.CD Steve, is a talent, shows are terrif..My $750 Bingo win didnt hurt..pushed the RED TEAM over the top.Food is nicely preparred, well presented, and very warm to hot when served. go on Galley tour to to have a better understanding of the team system and effort.You will be amazed:cool: . looking at a fall cruise too..I am too busy w/ wedding season here on the gulf cost to plan a 5 day-er at the present(may can sneek in a qwiki) So, any q's..just post...judi:)

with 5th in 18 days, and 6th Apr 23, C'mon Dave..My 2nd w/ Dave I might add..this time met lovely wife Michelle..both great dancers!..I agree with Cotton.....and the menu has been upgraded since Nov cruises..I have become pals with Chef Georg Schneider:D (eat your heart out, y'all) (my moms name also...He didnt agree with Geo Blancs selections..mostly the plating time element..Cotton will concur...(specially on those mega liners).I have many cruises on other lines, and just started back up in Sept..and think of no other now!. Hubby just went on 10day RCCL w/me and didnt "get" what I was always talking about.:confused: .last night he stated he wants to go on "HER"..he works out of the area, 4000 miles away. So his time with me needs to be spent w/quality activities.:) Also shorter iten.CD Steve, is a talent, shows are terrif..My $750 Bingo win didnt hurt..pushed the RED TEAM over the top.Food is nicely preparred, well presented, and very warm to hot when served. go on Galley tour to to have a better understanding of the team system and effort.You will be amazed:cool: . looking at a fall cruise too..I am too busy w/ wedding season here on the gulf cost to plan a 5 day-er at the present(may can sneek in a qwiki) So, any q's..just post...judi:)

thanks for all the relies:

Ok let me try to answer some here:

Did you eat in the dinning room? Are there any dishes that stand out?

Yes in every cruise we do not miss the dining room…. Ok only once but that was for camp carnival and my son wanted to play with Freddy.

The Holiday’s food was fantastic and the waiters made it very special. The chef did come out as well, this is a first for me to see the chef say a couple of things. I will say the menu was more pleasing to me than my previous cruises.

They made French Onion Soup the way I requested, with lots of cheese…lol it was perfect.

My wife loved the tiger shrimp, basically she loved all the seafood…lol.

What did you do in port? We're thinking Paradise beach and shopping in Cozumel.

Since we had our son, we just decided to go shopping this time and we ended up getting a little tipsy off of the margaritas there.

Any more pics of the stateroom?

No, the stateroom was really no different than the Carnival Pictures so I only took a pic of the bathroom as it changed from the refurb.

with 5th in 18 days, and 6th Apr 23, C'mon Dave..My 2nd w/ Dave I might add..this time met lovely wife Michelle..both great dancers!..I agree with Cotton.....and the menu has been upgraded since Nov cruises..I have become pals with Chef Georg Schneider:D (eat your heart out, y'all) (my moms name also...He didnt agree with Geo Blancs selections..mostly the plating time element..Cotton will concur...(specially on those mega liners).I have many cruises on other lines, and just started back up in Sept..and think of no other now!. Hubby just went on 10day RCCL w/me and didnt "get" what I was always talking about.:confused: .last night he stated he wants to go on "HER"..he works out of the area, 4000 miles away. So his time with me needs to be spent w/quality activities.:) Also shorter iten.CD Steve, is a talent, shows are terrif..My $750 Bingo win didnt hurt..pushed the RED TEAM over the top.Food is nicely preparred, well presented, and very warm to hot when served. go on Galley tour to to have a better understanding of the team system and effort.You will be amazed:cool: . looking at a fall cruise too..I am too busy w/ wedding season here on the gulf cost to plan a 5 day-er at the present(may can sneek in a qwiki) So, any q's..just post...judi

sorry bout this triple post folks

with 5th in 18 days, and 6th Apr 23, C'mon Dave..My 2nd w/ Dave I might add..this time met lovely wife Michelle..both great dancers!..I agree with Cotton.....and the menu has been upgraded since Nov cruises..I have become pals with Chef Georg Schneider:D (eat your heart out, y'all) (my moms name also...He didnt agree with Geo Blancs selections..mostly the plating time element..Cotton will concur...(specially on those mega liners).I have many cruises on other lines, and just started back up in Sept..and think of no other now!. Hubby just went on 10day RCCL w/me and didnt "get" what I was always talking about.:confused: .last night he stated he wants to go on "HER"..he works out of the area, 4000 miles away. So his time with me needs to be spent w/quality activities.:) Also shorter iten.CD Steve, is a talent, shows are terrif..My $750 Bingo win didnt hurt..pushed the RED TEAM over the top.Food is nicely preparred, well presented, and very warm to hot when served. go on Galley tour to to have a better understanding of the team system and effort.You will be amazed:cool: . looking at a fall cruise too..I am too busy w/ wedding season here on the gulf cost to plan a 5 day-er at the present(may can sneek in a qwiki) So, any q's..just post...judi

sorry bout this triple post folks...

test post

mebbe everyones puter burped etc..was the same at Sears toinight..mus be catchy..just didnt seem to wanna go thru and would go to error..duh..perhaps they aint mis ba haven no mo-ah! an ta marra wil be bettah???

Glad you had a good time.

The Grand is just that. I am glad to hear she is back up to speed after losing the first floor to flooding with Katrina.

I just got an email from a friend of mine (Pat) who is the Promenade entertainer until Feb 26th, then he will be back the end of March. (He is just taking a few weeks off.) He has performed on many Carnival ships of various sizes (Spirit and Paradise to name a couple) and he is very impressed with the friendly "small town" atmosphere among the crew, staff and entertainers.

He really loves this ship!!

Sounds like the Holiday is holding her own!! Good for her!!

Archived