New Waves Scuba on Princess

King Neptune

new waves is just princess extursions.....with that said, i did 2 of these with princess....1 on the star princess in cozumel, there princess used dive house, they were very courtios and knowledgeable of the sites excellent diving, the other was on the grand, we dove oin belize princess used hugh parkleys i cannot remember the locations but the crew was great, as well as the diving. i hope i helped

in cozumel their bcd's looked a little ragged.....but worked well for those who used them, i take my own....my life my life support.

in belize their equipment looked very well maintained.....and again i took my own, at least if you have your own regs, i would take them, on this next cruise ill be taking all of my gear again except the bcd unless i buy my new one

My wife and I are planning a cruise on grand princess. We dont own ANY equipment so we plan to borrow/rent from the cruise's newwaves program. My wife wears size 4 (small size) and I am concerned if they carry that size or not. We are really looking forward to diving in Cozumel and Roatan and missing that because of the wetsuit would be a tragedy of magnanimous proportions.

Can anyone please shed light on the availability of wetsuits on cruises especially grand princess?

the grand has suits, but it will be warm where you are going, what i did was i went to sams club here, they had shorties, 2mm wet suits for a whole 30$......80 deg water thats all i needed and it did not take up any space in my luggage, i would guess the same would be at costco or any other place. that is what i would do first, but other wise the ship is fully equiped and the dive op that you will use will be fully equiped to take care of you both

• 1 month later...

Hi razarizvi, my wife and I are signed up for the New Waves program on the Grand Princes leaving March 24th. I have the same concerns with equipment and my wife is very small as well. I'm trying to decide what equipment to bring or just use the equipment there. Any advice? How good is the equipment? We are doing our class work now so we will be going on a student referral. The instructor told us today that since my wife gets cold easy to purchase a 5mm suit even though the water is warm. At this point, I think we may purchase the mask and snorkel and maybe a wet suit before we go and rent everything else. If you have done some extensive research on New Waves the instructors and quality of equipment please let me know.

We are doing our class work now so we will be going on a student referral. The instructor told us today that since my wife gets cold easy to purchase a 5mm suit even though the water is warm.
That is good advice.

At this point, I think we may purchase the mask and snorkel and maybe a wet suit before we go and rent everything else.
Definitely get the mask and be sure to clean it with toothpaste. Your instructor or dive shop guy can explain more. Getting a good fitting wetsuit is also important for comfort, especially on the second dive. I have a Bare 4/5 mm wetsuit and really like it. Bare suit come a wide size range so the chances of getting one that fits your wife is pretty good. http://www.scubatoys.com has good prices and great customer service. If you call and tell them you are a member of http://www.scubaboard.com (which you should be anyway) you will get a 10% discount.

Archived