Fishing in Cabo / PV, can you keep the fish?

CTsang

We're going to Cabo and PV on Celebrity Mercury in Sept. Are there any places that take you out to deep sea fish and then they'll ship it to you?

I'd love to eat what I caught, but I'd be on the ship...

Hello All,

The Cruise lines will not allow you to bring any fish you catch at any port in Meixco back to the ship.

As for shipping your catch back the the States, that too is impossible. I have personally looked into it many times for clients with the same answer all the time from Overnight mail or overnight shipping companies like DHL..

The mail and shipping companies state that becuase the package will have to go through customs first, no matter if the fish are frozen or smoked, that the fish will go bad as it sits waiting for approval to enter the U.S. as it can take sometimes a week before the package is even looked at.

Your best bet is pictures, video or if you have the money, then you can have your catch mounted..

Hope this helps..

If you have any more questions, please ask here on the boards and I or others will answer quickly..

Have a great time fishing and cruise..

Gray (fish4ever)

I know this is probably not a great way to get information but I was watching Newlyweds last night and Nick was fishing for Marlin in Cabo and the charter guy told him that fishing for Marlin is all catch and release (at least in Cabo).

Archived