Sailing on the Empress to Bermuda in May from Norfolk

BN2cruzn

:D I am new to Cruise Critics but reading all these reviews I know I can get some wonderful feedback and info on any cruise my wife and I take. We are sailing from Norfolk to Bermuda this May and this will be our 5th cruise, 4th with RCl, I was wondering how the shopping on the ship is, particularly the jewelry on board. I've figured out by all the reviews that Bermuda is no St. Thomas when it comes to jewelry shopping, but sometimes she finds things on the ship she really likes.Most of the time the islands are cheaper but not in Bermuda, so how's the selection on the ship?--Thanks!!

Thanks for the reply, my wife proably will also.We are leaving that same day as you are. This our 5th cruise but our fisrt out of Norfolk, we live 10 minutes from Norfolk so we are really excited about not having to hassle with an airport this time, though flying is fun.If you have any questions about the area please feel free to ask, I know alot of people like to stay in town the day before instead of flying in that day ,I will be glad to give any infromation if you are staying in the Norfolk area.:D

Thanks for the reply, my wife proably will also.We are leaving that same day as you are. This our 5th cruise but our fisrt out of Norfolk, we live 10 minutes from Norfolk so we are really excited about not having to hassle with an airport this time, though flying is fun.If you have any questions about the area please feel free to ask, I know alot of people like to stay in town the day before instead of flying in that day ,I will be glad to give any infromation if you are staying in the Norfolk area.:D

We are looking into flying in the day before. It has been abouty five years since we were last in Norfolk, so I am quite sure some things have changed. I have relatives that live near the amphib. base (I think the Little Creek area, does that sound right?). So we may try to go see them either on Friday evening or Saturday morning. We can only fly into Norfolk at about 4pm so we may have to do it Sat am before boarding.

I didn't know about Roll Call at first but I've posted some messages on it. So I'll be talking to you and other CC members about our cruise.I'm really looking forward to Bermuda, I got the Frommer's guide and other information and from I've read Bermuda is a wonderful place.I look forward to others joining the Roll Call for the 5/26 cruise and getting know people that will be on the same cruise.Thanks for the information you gave me about the shopping on board.I'm sure my wife will find something in place of jewelry, from what I've read Bermuda has alot to offer.

• 3 weeks later...

you will find alot of jewerly on the ship BUT if you are looking for the finer pieces (the real stuff) the selection is very limited and very pricey. Also you will not be able to haggle the price on the tag. You can get much better deals elsewhere

Archived