Altun Ha Belize Mayan Temple!!!

pmck

Hi, we are leaving on the Grand on 3-31-07 and would like info on the Altun Ha Belize Mayan Temple...We are taking our 2 kids..12 and 14. Do you think they will enjoy this? Is it interesting? I've been reading alot about bugs...what's up with that? What do we need to bring with us? We are doing the Beach Resort Break in Costa Maya and thought that maybe we should include a little "history" for their sakes (and school)!!

Next stops, Cozumel and Roatan..any ideas? We are trying to see alot of stuff w/o going broke!!!:D

Thanks,

Patti

Our kids are 16,13 and 11 and enjoyed the Altun Ha Mayan

Temple tour. Bring bug spray, you will need it. The bus ride there is very bumpy but well worth it. In Roatan we did an island tour with Juan Carlos Rodriguez which included the zip line at South Shore Canopy Tour which was fantastic. In Cozumel we took the short taxi ride to Paradise Beach and loved it. The kids thoroughly enjoyed all of these activities.

Carnival Triumph 12/23/05

Carnival Valor 12/24/06

Our kids are 16,13 and 11 and enjoyed the Altun Ha Mayan

Temple tour. Bring bug spray, you will need it. The bus ride there is very bumpy but well worth it. In Roatan we did an island tour with Juan Carlos Rodriguez which included the zip line at South Shore Canopy Tour which was fantastic. In Cozumel we took the short taxi ride to Paradise Beach and loved it. The kids thoroughly enjoyed all of these activities.

Carnival Triumph 12/23/05

Carnival Valor 12/24/06

We enjoyed the Altun Ha ruins and would recommend them. There is jungle around the ruins but the ruins themselves are not in the jungle. I did not have any problems with bugs. My husband got a couple of bites which he noticed after on the boat. We didn't notice bugs while touring the ruins. If you are concerned, bring bug spray. Wear good gym type shoes for climbing the ruins. We booked our excursion at the last minute at the port after we had tendered. It was $35 per person and we were in a minivan with 5 total in our group and a great guide. I think some of the cruise lines offer an excursion with a boat ride to the ruins. Your kids would enjoy that so you may want to see if that is offered. That way you get a boat ride and tour of the ruins.

After you tour the ruins there are little huts with wonderful wood carvings. They will discount the price a bit if asked. We bought 2 wood carvings and really wished had picked up a couple more. Wonderful souviner of trip and very reasonably priced.

We enjoyed the Altun Ha ruins and would recommend them. There is jungle around the ruins but the ruins themselves are not in the jungle. I did not have any problems with bugs. My husband got a couple of bites which he noticed after on the boat. We didn't notice bugs while touring the ruins. If you are concerned, bring bug spray. Wear good gym type shoes for climbing the ruins. We booked our excursion at the last minute at the port after we had tendered. It was $35 per person and we were in a minivan with 5 total in our group and a great guide. I think some of the cruise lines offer an excursion with a boat ride to the ruins. Your kids would enjoy that so you may want to see if that is offered. That way you get a boat ride and tour of the ruins.

After you tour the ruins there are little huts with wonderful wood carvings. They will discount the price a bit if asked. We bought 2 wood carvings and really wished had picked up a couple more. Wonderful souviner of trip and very reasonably priced.

Archived