Excursions on our own or with RCI?

flyingdoxie

I am cruising with my sister, 10 year old nephew, & mom (early 70's) on Liberty of the Seas last week of May '07. It's my 2nd cruise & a first for them. I'm not sure the excursions offerred by RCI really fit our need especially for St. Martin. I would like to sight see and have some decent beach time, but I have this huge fear of missing the ship if something goes wrong on an excursion not sponsored by RCI. Any suggestions or recommendations of vendors that are very reputable? (I posted this also in the ports of call board, but no replies. I was hoping someone might help me out on this board) :o Thank you!

do your research on these boards and when you decide who you want to go with e-mail that tour guide and ask them all of your questions. Ultimately you are responsible for getting back to the ship on time but you can determine what time you want to go back. Tell them what time you want to start back. We always start back at least 1/2 to 1 hour before that time. Besides, if you book an independent tour these people are not usually paid until the end of the tour so they will be there to get you back on time if they want your money. Don't worry, it is very easy to get a taxi about anywhere unless you are going to a remote area which I would suggest staying away from.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

do your research on these boards and when you decide who you want to go with e-mail that tour guide and ask them all of your questions. Ultimately you are responsible for getting back to the ship on time but you can determine what time you want to go back. Tell them what time you want to start back. We always start back at least 1/2 to 1 hour before that time. Besides, if you book an independent tour these people are not usually paid until the end of the tour so they will be there to get you back on time if they want your money. Don't worry, it is very easy to get a taxi about anywhere unless you are going to a remote area which I would suggest staying away from.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Archived