Coffee maker?

rucruizin

Okay, before you all call me crazy, tell me I can get room service, tell me I can buy premium coffe from the cafe thing...HEAR ME OUT!

I'm thinking of buying one of those little 4 cup coffee makers to have in our room.

Sorry, but I think the coffee sucks, it's barely drinkable.

I'd buy it in Ft Lauderdale before we board. We will be on the ship for 16 days, in coffee country. When the cruise is over, I'd just leave it.

Has anyone else ever done this?

So I'd have to make it, but at least I have good coffee, in my cabin.

Electric coffee makers and other electrical water heating element devices are expressly forbidden in the contract of carriage. They are a fire hazard. If you want to make your own coffee you can bring a French press and get boiling water from room service or on the lido buffet.

Okay, before you all call me crazy, tell me I can get room service, tell me I can buy premium coffe from the cafe thing...HEAR ME OUT!

I'm thinking of buying one of those little 4 cup coffee makers to have in our room.

Sorry, but I think the coffee sucks, it's barely drinkable.

I'd buy it in Ft Lauderdale before we board. We will be on the ship for 16 days, in coffee country. When the cruise is over, I'd just leave it.

Has anyone else ever done this?

So I'd have to make it, but at least I have good coffee, in my cabin.

I took mine and my steward asked me to put it away when not in use so no one else saw it. $20.00 to him and I had my coffee, booze, and always ice!

Ok, good!

About the Bailey's??? Have you tried Rum Cream? Yummmy!

Man, I'm gonna be in Juan Valdez country. Costa Rican, Columbian. Panama? I dunno? Did I mention I'd be on the ship for 16 DAYS!

I thought about the press, not a bad idea but if Ican get away with a little coffee maker, I think it will be the way to go.

As far as a heating element...my Chi Iron gets pretty hot!

On a different note...are the boards driving everyone NUTS! Too!:mad:

I thought it was weird when I read this because I just bought one of those coffeemakers at sams (for hotels) for 16 dollars today for that very reason. Ive never taken a coffee maker before but Ive taken a blender a few times, now I make em on the rocks. I always take a fan,, even a box fan a few times and plan on taking it this time.

I always wonder if the cabin steward was American (so I could communicate better, Im the dummy) they could tell me some of the outrageous stuff people bring in their luggage and have laying around in their room. As long as its in your packed luggage (in my 11 cruise experience) its as good as on board.

for the naysayer: its got auto shut off

I thought it was weird when I read this because I just bought one of those coffeemakers at sams (for hotels) for 16 dollars today for that very reason. Ive never taken a coffee maker before but Ive taken a blender a few times, now I make em on the rocks. I always take a fan,, even a box fan a few times and plan on taking it this time.

I always wonder if the cabin steward was American (so I could communicate better, Im the dummy) they could tell me some of the outrageous stuff people bring in their luggage and have laying around in their room. As long as its in your packed luggage (in my 11 cruise experience) its as good as on board.

for the naysayer: its got auto shut off

Good to Know! Thanks for the tip about Sams. At $16, that's $1 a day for really good, fresh coffee. Oh yeah, Sam's here I come.

Electric coffee makers and other electrical water heating element devices are expressly forbidden in the contract of carriage. They are a fire hazard. If you want to make your own coffee you can bring a French press and get boiling water from room service or on the lido buffet.

I have checked the contract, and didn't see anything like that... where is it located?? Did I just miss it? I know irons, candles, and heating pads... but where is the coffee maker and heating element devices? I know people that have brought along coffee makers, not smuggled, not hidden, and they haven't been confiscated like irons have been... is this new?

I have checked the contract, and didn't see anything like that... where is it located?? Did I just miss it? I know irons, candles, and heating pads... but where is the coffee maker and heating element devices? I know people that have brought along coffee makers, not smuggled, not hidden, and they haven't been confiscated like irons have been... is this new?

I looked and couldn't find it????????

Instead of bringing a coffee maker, why don't you bring a French Press? That way you can get hot water from room service, make your favorite coffee, and not bring a fire hazard and potentially jeopardize everyone elses lives to satiate your lust for coffee.

FF

I remember asking this question before our second cruise in 2001 and at that time it was prohibited. But I have checked Carnival's web site and it no longer appears in the Contract or on the Prohibited Items list so I stand corrected.

Brew Away! :D

Just be very careful where you place the machine. Ships can and do pitch and roll unexpectedly. A hard turn could put a pot of hot coffee in your lap.

Archived