Tahitian Princess Mar 07

shisan

We will be doing the TP in March. Can someone help us with these question:

1. Is it easy to take a taxi from PPT airport to the cruise ship or should we take the transfer thru the ship. They seem to charge $59pp. WE reach PPT at 7:30.

2. On the day of disembarkation (7am) our flight wont leave until 10pm in the night. We were wondering if there was a way to send the luggage to the airport so that we can spend the day touring the island.

thanks

shisan

Royal Caribbean Alaska Aug 05

Holland America Caribbean Dec 98

Shisan - I haven't been yet but I can tell you what I've learned from reading the boards for months...

Take a taxi instead of the ship transfers. When you take the ship transfer you need to wait for everyone to get their luggage and get on the bus. If you take a taxi it costs a little less but gives you more flexibility. Taxis are readily available at the airport.

On the last day onboard, Princess will make you leave your room in the morning but you can stay all day on ship, including eating your meals that day at buffets. Your luggage will be stored by Princess until you are ready to depart for the airport. One thing that has been debated is whether or not you can shower in the spa on the afternoon of departure day. Supposedly you can, but some voyages the spa was not open for use on the last day.

Again, this is all anecdotal - just a summary of what I've read.

Hi Shisan:

We just completed BTB on the Tahitian Princess January 6 - 26, 2007.

1) Take a taxi. Four of us (2 couples) paid $35 USD for the taxi to take us from the airport to the ship. (Coming back we only paid $30) Its way cheaper than the Princess transfers.

2) KruisenKaren is correct. You have to leave your cabin at 10:00 a.m. but you put your bags out the night before and they are either a) transported to the airport for you to collect there if you use Princess transfers or b) held in a secure location just off the ship where you can pick them up to grab a taxi to the airport on diembarkation evening.

Barry

Archived