Nursery Kidsitting question

thevern2006

I have read much of the information on here regarding the nursery. I do have a question though that I am hoping someone has the answer to:

I understand that one can leave a child over the age of 1 until midnight for kidsitting. They have a separate room for bedtime, but I have not been able to find out what their capacity is. We are on the April 2 Caribbean over Easter/Spring break and are worried that the nursery, especially at night will be full. Anyone know how many 1-6 year olds the nursery can accomodate for kidsitting/sleeping at night? Thanks.

Hi!

I am not 100% sure about the answer to your question but thought Iwould share my experiences. I have travelled on the QE2 several times with a child (at ages between 18 months and 3 years) the nursery has never been full to capacity during the day.

I have never used the evening sessions so can't comment on that but provided I told the nursery staff when I was going to drop my daughter off they were always able to accommodate during the day. In fact on the first cruise there was only one other child so capacity was certainly no problem!

I have also regularly seen the nursery staff out in the yacht club of an evening so I take it from that that they are not overly busy! :D

Enjoy your trip!

Anyone know how many 1-6 year olds the nursery can accomodate for kidsitting/sleeping at night? Thanks.

On our Med cruise last year, with our 18 Month old, we used the nursary every night, usually picking up Samantha between 10 and midnight. and usually she was the only child sleeping.

There were three fullsized cots, I think that they also had some portable ones as the room was large enough for three or four more.

It would be best to ask Cunard what the capacity is. Get them to ask the ship directly as the land based admin probably won't know, or you will get a different answer from every different person that you talk to.

The Staff in the Play Zone are very good and professional, your child will probably not want to spend time with you as they would rather be in the Play Zone. Samanthas favourite word during the cruise was "Play".

We were on the QM2 for one of their so called 'party cruisers' (and where I learned I am happier as a 'crosser' rather than a 'cruiser' but that's another story.

My kids LOVED the Playzone and like the other poster said, preferred that over anything else. We utilized it A LOT and I think we all had a great vacation for it.

At night they would set up in the ball pit area that is cushioned with pillows and blankets and put on a video. Most of the kids were asleep when we got in there and the others were staring blankly (almost asleep) at a video. I think they shut down playtime around 8 and start the videos.

Overall a VERY positive experience. We went in July and my sons are still talking about it and want to know when we are going back on the 'boat with the Playzone'.

Have a great trip!

I have read much of the information on here regarding the nursery. I do have a question though that I am hoping someone has the answer to:

I understand that one can leave a child over the age of 1 until midnight for kidsitting. They have a separate room for bedtime, but I have not been able to find out what their capacity is. We are on the April 2 Caribbean over Easter/Spring break and are worried that the nursery, especially at night will be full. Anyone know how many 1-6 year olds the nursery can accomodate for kidsitting/sleeping at night? Thanks.

Our 6-yr-old like the Kid Zone and our 9-yr-old liked the Zone. At no time have we seen it "too full", even though there were 180 kids on one crossing. Also, there's a special infant area and I've only ever seen one or maybe two little kids in there. So, I would not worry about them being full.

THAT said, make sure you are first in line with your kids when the Zones open and you shouldn't have ANY trouble.

The sleep room had three proper cots (in fact I think they were cotbeds) from Mothercare and three pack n plays. We could not have been happier with the nursery and the staff. We used the facilities everyday and night and our little one had an absolute ball. He was 13months when we did our last crossing.

The sleep room had three proper cots (in fact I think they were cotbeds) from Mothercare and three pack n plays. We could not have been happier with the nursery and the staff. We used the facilities everyday and night and our little one had an absolute ball. He was 13months when we did our last crossing.

I'm on this same cruise too and this is our 2nd Spring Break Caribbean QM2 cruise with kids. Last time our kids were 2 & 3 and this time 4 & 5 and never once had trouble getting into the zone. We kept them there until 10-12 every night and like another poster said we'd pick them up and they'd be all sleeping or almost sleeping by the ball pit watching a movie. It was wonderful b/c trying to get two kids to sleep ourselves in our room was quite difficult - so all we had to do was transfer two sleeping children to our room and poof, done. We loved the kids zone. They did have sign up sheets out each evening for the next day so If you wanted to sign up you could but we learned a few days in that was not necessary. We even left our 2 year old on the ship all day with the nanny's while we went on a catamaran tour that we didn't think he'd do too well on. I felt horrible not having him with me, but totally trusted leaving him on the boat. Dinners were also quite difficult with the two little ones, so we'd bring them to dinner long enough for them to get a bite to eat and then take them down to the Kids zone and make our way back to dinner and enjoy 1/2 our dinner in peace.

Hope that helps. I am too still worried about not enough space, I totally plan on taking advantage of the kids zone!

Archived