My Pride review-1/28-2/5

mikeyy

I hardly ever post but thought I would do a mini-review of our now infamous 8-day Pride cruise.

Just as others have posted we were very happy with the way the Carnival staff handled the "situation". We especially laughed our heads off at some of Jeff's comments, like our motto for the cruise.." WHO KNEW????" He always followed up the captains announcements with his own which was good cause I could hardly understand the captains accent.

The embarkation process was probably our worse experience with this cruise, I read some posts before we left that said they boarded the Pride early and had lunch, we arrived around 11:00 and left the wives,kids and suitcases while we returned the vans to LAX, it took around 1 hour and by then the line was hundereds deep, the locked the doors before we arrived and never opened them until around 1:00. We encountered several Carnival workers who were rude and grumpy so we were worried this was what to expect for 7 days..it was the complete opposite. We finally arrived in our stateroom at 3:15, barely enough time to eat before the muster drill.

The poolside was another disappointment, considering Carnival is the " Fun Ships" we found the poolside very boring, the outdoor pool never had any sort of music, they have the stage and games setup on the indoor/outdoor pool and it was very crowded when the roof was closed it was hard to hear them talking... I would have thought there would be more games etc..especially on hot sea days at the outddor pool. Also the pool decks were very slippery.. several adults and kids slipt and fell, including myself..I'm surprised no one has sued them.

Camp Carnival was average for our kids, not as good as Princess' program, we found a couple of the girls were rude when we tried to drop off the kids without our S&S card ( who would steal a kid and drop them off at the CC??) anyway I know it's the rules but it's how you present them!

The enertainment was subpar as well, now this is my wifes observations as I don;t partake too many shows. She said the lead singers were terrible and the dancers were average, I took in one of the midnight comedians and he was brutal, we left after 10mins. Jeff Bronson was very cheesy but that's what I expect from a CD..very well spoken and was funny. I just wish I hadn't witnessed the leather pants and U2 song he sang, made me want to throw my dinner up..sorry I know he has fans out there.

Those were our only complaints for the cruise, we purchased the outside cabin with the price guarantee and were upgraded to the 7A with the lifeboat view, it was still awesome!!!

The service was simply outstanding!! every single Carnival employee we encountered on the ship always smiled and said hi or morning..very impressive.

The food also was outstanding..much better than Princess as well..always had a good selection at dinner and the portions were generous..this is the first cruise where I didn't order 2 entrees!!!

this is the first cruise where I didn't order 2 entrees!!!

Its against Cruisers Guidelines to only order 1 entree. Please read the Cruisers guidelines as it specifically states in the bylaws Sub para. 283e that you must eat at least at a mininum of 2 Entrees and 4 desserts :D

Great Review !!! Thanks

Fred

Thanks for the mini-review, Mike.

As you can see from my countdown ticker, I'm on the 2/18 sailing of the Pride. Like many others on the 2/11 and 2/18 sailings, I've been watching the boards pretty often to get updates on the ship's progress. I'd be lying if I didn't say that I was a bit worried about the problem not getting fixed...but apparently everything is back on track.

I'm also booked for a Cat 7A with a "partial obstruction", which I have since found out to be a lifeboat below the balcony. What did you think of the room and the balcony view? I was upgraded from an inside room, so I'm happy as a clam....

How was the weather in Mexico? Anything is better than the rain and snow we've been getting in the Pacific NW, but I'm curious how warm it is down there right now.

Thanks again for your thoughts, these boards are a great way to find out what's going on out there....

:D

Thanks for the mini-review, Mike.

As you can see from my countdown ticker, I'm on the 2/18 sailing of the Pride. Like many others on the 2/11 and 2/18 sailings, I've been watching the boards pretty often to get updates on the ship's progress. I'd be lying if I didn't say that I was a bit worried about the problem not getting fixed...but apparently everything is back on track.

I'm also booked for a Cat 7A with a "partial obstruction", which I have since found out to be a lifeboat below the balcony. What did you think of the room and the balcony view? I was upgraded from an inside room, so I'm happy as a clam....

How was the weather in Mexico? Anything is better than the rain and snow we've been getting in the Pacific NW, but I'm curious how warm it is down there right now.

Thanks again for your thoughts, these boards are a great way to find out what's going on out there....

:D

No worries with the mechanical, It appears to be running at full steam so should be good for you.

The view was fine, I have pictures if you want me to email them to you just PM me your email, I also have video.

The weather was great, it's a little chilly the first and last nights but otherwise it was outstanding. They never opened the roof the first couple of days but we're Canadian so we would have swam in 50F:)

Its against Cruisers Guidelines to only order 1 entree. Please read the Cruisers guidelines as it specifically states in the bylaws Sub para. 283e that you must eat at least at a mininum of 2 Entrees and 4 desserts :D

Great Review !!! Thanks

Fred

Thanks Fred

I did order 2 appys and a salad every night:D

Archived