Does anyone know the name of any priate drivers or tour guides>

pinkaboo

We are just keeping all of options open at thispoint. We definitely have interest in going to either Sandy Beach or Boatyard beach but we would also like to take in a mini island tour and maybe do a little shopping at the end. Does anyone have a phone number or website to a private driver or tour guide? I don't think Glory tours offers beach,tour,shopping. We have a very large group and would like to have options for all ages and physical capacities.

• 2 weeks later...
We are just keeping all of options open at thispoint. We definitely have interest in going to either Sandy Beach or Boatyard beach but we would also like to take in a mini island tour and maybe do a little shopping at the end. Does anyone have a phone number or website to a private driver or tour guide? I don't think Glory tours offers beach,tour,shopping. We have a very large group and would like to have options for all ages and physical capacities.

We were in Barbados on the 10th. Since my DH is an avid photographer and he had never been to Barbados, I worked with Sarah Taylor of Glory Tours to arrange a comprehensive tour of the island. It took us a couple weeks of e-mails back and forth, before we settled on an itinerary, time frame and price. We met Steve (our driver), who arrived promptly at 10:30 AM. We made stops at Gun Hill Signal Station, Sunbury Plantation, St. John's Parish Church, Andromeda Gardens, Bathsheba, East Coast, North Point and places I cannot recall the names of, at the moment. We drove through HoleTown, Speightstown and stopped at a beach on the West coast in time to get wonderful sunset photos. We had lunch at a little open-air restaurant (Dunes Beach, I think). The meal was wonderful. Just after sunset, we drove through Bridgetown and Steve dropped us off at dockside at 7:30 PM. It was a long day, but we enjoyed every minute. Now that we have done a full exploration of the island, we will do water activities nexth time. Glory Tours does offer some very reasonable combo packages. Check out their website. If you use the interactive map under "Areas of Interest" (which I neglected to do, initially), it will give you insight into places you may want to see and/or visit, and help you to work out an itinerary with Sarah. You do have to be patient; Sarah sometimes takes 48-hours to reply, but most often I had a reply within 24 hours (I just couldn't get a handle on what I really wanted, until I used the interactive map).:rolleyes:

I would suggest, however, that you check about the size of the vehicle. We opted to pay a bit more, in order to have a van. There were just 4 of us on the tour. Steve was driving a Nissan van, but the seats were fairly close together. Terry sat up front with Steve and the rest of us sprawled out on each of the three bench seats. Three of us are fairly tall with one having very bad arthritis. I would not recommend this vehicle for more than six or seven people. I mentioned this to Sarah; she indicated that she has another van ordered which will have more leg room. I'm not sure how many vehicles she has, but I'm sure that you could arrange something to satisfy various interests (especially if you divide your group accordingly).

I would also suggest that you ask her to have a cooler with some water. Custom tours are not generally priced with lunch or beverages included (however, we did receive complimentary rum punch at Sunbury Plantation when we mentioned we were from Glory Tours.)

Hope that this is helpful.:)

Denise

I highly recommend Cameron! You can reach him at www.ScenicBarbados.com , admin@scenicbarbados.com , or 246-424-8740.

Check out my posting at: Cameron Reid - Scenic Barbados Tours - Excellent and Affordable for more description of what we did.

I wanted to do the same type of thing you did, only we opted for Thriller Tours instead of the Boatyard. We went with Cameron in the morning from 8:30 - 12:15, he dropped us off where we were to meet Stephan from Thriller Tours, we did lunch there and took off on our water excursions for the rest of the day.

Cameron was perfect for that mini-tour we also wanted. By going when we wanted to we had all afternoon to enjoy our water tour which included a beach stop just south of the boatyard.

Cameron pretty much only does the short 3 - 4 hour tours. I recommend hitting Bathsehba (free) and a few other stops in the Central or southern area of Barbados like the Flower Forest, Gaeme Nature Center, etc. Remember that entrance fees are seperate. It is $30 for about 4 - 6 people. If you have 8 ore more - you pay $25 each. A very good price for this area. He will take you on your tour and drop you off at your exit point (like the Boatyard).

By the way, we boated past the boatyard and it looked like a lot of fun with a nice beach next door, a water trampoline, and one of those ice berg climbing floats.

Lady Anna

Archived