Mariner Excursions? - 3/4/07

foxtrot2

Hi! I am counting down the days until we cruise on the Mariner - only 23 more days! I am just now getting around to checking out the excursions. We will be in Cococay, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. We are already booked for something in St. Thomas, but does anyone have any recommendations for Coco Cay & St. Maarten? We are definitely beach people & like to have fun!

I have circled so many choices so I'm hoping someone can help! In Cococay I'm looking at SeaTrek snorkeling, SeaTrek Kayak Adventure, SeaTrek Aqua Park, and SeaTrek Water Slide. Please let me know if you've done any of these & how they were.

In St. Maarten we're looking at Golden Eagel Island Sailaway, Shipwreck Snorkel Adventure, St. Maarten Rhino Rider Adventure, St. Maarten Sensation & Beach Break w/ lunch, Marigot Yachting and Shopping, Divi Little Bay Beach Experience, Downtown Pickup Marigot & Beach Getaway, Rolling in Paradise - Segway of St. Maarten, and Captain Morgan's Sailing Adventure.

As you can see, I need lots of help in narrowing it down!!! :-) We've never been to either place so I'm at a loss - they all sound like a blast!

We've been on 2 other cruises with Celebrity & haven't had the best of luck with excursions so I thought I'd try it this way!

Thanks so much!

:) Sailed on the MOS in August 2006, same itineray...LOVED EVERY MINUTE. On cococay my wife and I just spent time at the beautiful beach...it was cloudy and did sprinkle for a short time, still enjoyed it (swam, ate, swam, ate again). Our dinner mates snorkeled and liked the plane-wreck.

St. Thomas-went to Magen's bay-very nice

St. Maarten/Martin-did the "Best of St. Maarten" this was a good time. Marigot was fun, had a delicious lunch at a little French cafe and bought awesome souveniers at the flea market. Pinel Island was an awesome snorkeling experience and the beach was excellent.

This was our 3rd and FAVORITE cruise yet, would sail again in a second.

Hope this helps-

We did the same route last year and are doing it again this year. We're also on Mariner Mar. 4th. We love to snorkle too. Coccay has decent snorkling right off the beach. You need to have a flotation vest even if you have your own equipment. You can swim a long distance out to a "plan wreck" (I think they placed it there) and some "cannons" (definitely fake but still fun). I do recommend this as an easy, cheap thing to do. If you want to spend some money the parasailing there is fantastic! Got lots of time in the air and they only took out 6 people in our boat.

Are you snorkling in saint thomas? If so, I think you will find the snorkling in Saint Martin not to be nearly as good. If you're beach people Saint Martin has some great beaches like Orient and Dawn beach. We just rented a car and drove the island for a day. You get lots of freedom by doing that. Also, for something cheap and really unique go to Maho Beach (known to some as airport beach). Right at the end of a runway, watch 747's land 50 feet above your head. Something you definitely won't see anywhere stateside.

Archived