Sea Pass Bill

readytolose

How much should we budget for our Sea Pass account?

I realize it will be different for everyone, but I'd just like to get an estimate of how much people spend. We will be going on The Radiance the end of November for our Honeymoon. We both like to drink. Mostly Foo Foo drinks, but the occasional mixed drink too. (yes, I will probably want a few drinks in the glass I can keep...but not all of them) Don't flame me please, but I really don't have a problem sitting by the pool at 10 am and ordering a drink so I imagine throughout the day we could probably order quite a few drinks.

Any idea how much we should budget for that.

I realize excursions and souvenirs are extra and I'm not really worried about those items, I'm just curious how much for the drinks!

Thanks!

You can expect to pay between $5 and $8 per drink (really depends on what you order). We usually plan to spend about $30 per day each on alcohol (5 drinks each at an average of $6 a drink). If you order wine or drinks with dinner, as well as throughout the day and evening, you may need to plan accordingly. I think a gratuity (15%?) is automatically added to any bar tabs, so you'll want to figure that in as well.

Your standard daily tipping for the wait staff, etc. is about $10 a day per person and is usually added to your cruise card. You can have it removed and/or changed, but be aware that it will most likely be charged automatically.

Hope this helps.

Drink prices are comparable to what you would pay in a really nice restaurant or cocktail lounge on shore. Beer starts at about $4 for Bud and Miller, up to about $5 or $6 for premiums and imports. Wine by the glass runs about $6 to $8, and bottle prices are comparable to land prices in restaurants, $20 and up. Basic mixed drinks (e.g. gin and tonic) are about $5, fancy foo-foo drinks (e.g. Bahama Mama) are $7 to $9, and a souvenir glass will add about $2 to the price. There's also an automatic 15% gratuity added to all drink purchases, not much per drink but it adds up over the course of a week.

In addition to alcoholic beverages, you may be buying specialty coffees ($3 to $4), ice cream ($2 or $3), photos ($10 and up), duty-free liquor and other gift shop puchases. T-shirts, jewelry, fragrances, it all goes on the card. If you're likely to spend for these kinds of items, don't be surprised to see a total of $100 a day. And then there's gratuities: $10 a day per person, charged to your room card on most cruise lines.

Archived