Mazatlan - HAL trip to Sierra Madre, Concordia & Copala?

kbert92069

I usually book private tours and hire taxi's too. Don't be afraid of a car or small van on this tour. You do not take narrow winding mountain roads like some European countries. They are wide and well paved.

But, I took it over a private tour because it was a long way from the ship and I never want to miss the ship. I would hate for a private van or taxi to have a flat or engine trouble far from the ship.

I've done this tour a couple of times with Celebrity, Princess and with Mazatlan Frank. Felt that both cruise line excursions were pretty good and a decent value but loved the tour with Frank. Many more stops and he seemed to know everbody where we stopped. Lots of nice little touches and cheaper than thru the cruise line. The roads didn't seem bad to me and with the smaller group much less time is wasted at each stop. I'd check out Frank first but if you feel more comfortabke with HAL I'd still recommed the tour.

Doug

I took the same tour on Princess. I think almost all ship tours are done on large buses. There was no restroom on the bus, but they did make several rest stops along the way and back.

Jeana

Ditto for us. We took this tour while sailing the Sapphire Princess. It remains one of our favorite excursions ever. As I recall, it is about a 7 hour tour total. Lunch in Coppola with the banana-coconut pie for dessert is awesome!!! I've read on the boards that Mazatlan Frank will do the same tour and probably cheaper.

I highly recommend this tour.

I did it with Carnival and it was ok. It was big busses and it was New Years day and most of us were hung over. I did enjoy the towns and lucnch. I did this before I learned about this forum and all the independant things that are available. I would highly recommend doing it with a private driver. You will have a better time because you can stop when you want and are not on a schedule. Much more enjoyable.

Have fun and buy a leather mask in Copala.They are really great.

Archived