Pullmantur Cruise - Zenith

Cleo C 22

Hi,

I'm looking into cruises of the Greek isles and found a nice one for Pullmantur Cruises with the Zenith ship that departs from Venice and ends in Athens.

I've been to the Greek isles twice on Royal Olympic cruises but I've never heard of Pullmantur. Can anyone tell me more about this cruise line and itinerary? How does it compare to Royal Olympic?

I've heard that Pullmantur, being a Spanish cruise line, caters to their Spanish passengers. I'm American and don't speak much Spanish... Would this be an issue at all for me?

Any information would be very helpful.

Thank You!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I'm looking into cruises of the Greek isles and found a nice one for Pullmantur Cruises with the Zenith ship that departs from Venice and ends in Athens.

I've been to the Greek isles twice on Royal Olympic cruises but I've never heard of Pullmantur. Can anyone tell me more about this cruise line and itinerary? How does it compare to Royal Olympic?

I've heard that Pullmantur, being a Spanish cruise line, caters to their Spanish passengers. I'm American and don't speak much Spanish... Would this be an issue at all for me?

Any information would be very helpful.

Thank You!

Having just left the Pullmantur Cruises ship Holiday Dream yesterday in Santo Domingo, I would say "go for it". They are the Spanish line owned by Royal Carribean,and the Zenith is the former Celebrity ship much loved by many.However you will have a very hard time finding any TA marketing this line in the US. Having also experienced RO cruises in the Greek Isles, I would say the cruise on Pullmantur was a better one. Food and service were exceptionally good and the ships are sold as all-inclusive, so all sodas, beer, wines, spirits and liqueurs are included with a small charge for premium brands. Most of the entertainment is in Spanish, as you would expect on a ship with 95% Spanish speaking clientel. However nearly all the staff on board speak English, and the small group of English speakers on board had no problems.The majority of the ships in the fleet are older classic ships, but are in immaculate condition.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

You couldn´t get a better price anywhere. We, the Spanish tradionally don´t speak a lot of English and although the orientation is clearly Spanish, announcements are also in English, and there´re are English menus and daily programs. I have occasionally talked with English speaking guests while onboard, and they didn´t have too many problems as far as language is concerned.

In case you need extra information, do not hesitate in asking again.

• 3 months later...

Hello, does anyone know about Pullmantur Cruises? Would you know the passenger percentage by nationality? Do you thing a regular American passenger would be comfortable in an Spanish environment?

• 2 weeks later...

95 % Spanish, but if one doesn´t have nationality prejudices, you won´t have problems. Only problem is that Spanish are not quiet people and tend to have a high volume when we speak.

• 4 years later...

We are booked on the Empress in September for a week around Spain. We are traveling with 2 other friends. Only one of us speaks Spanish fluently, but I speak a little. We are so looking forward to the trip as well as a week in Basque country before and a week in Spain after the cruise.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived