Dive Bus and Cheraldine Osepa tour review

Joby

Well, we have returned from our 11 night Celebrity Galaxy cruise. We were in Curacao from 7 am--4 pm.

Prior to our cruise I had emailed MANY times with Suzy of the Dive Bus to set up a dive and also tour the island. Suzy has customer service plus! She was a gem to work with sorting out details and getting us set up for our day on Curacao :)

We had a small group of 9 from our Cruise Critc Roll call who toured Curacao with Cheraldine Osepa and then 1 of the group and myself did a 1 tank dive while the others snorkeled and/or beached it for the rest of the day.

Our morning 2 1/2 hour tour with Cheraldine was OUTSTANDING. She is a native of Curacao and a wonderful tour guide. Cheraldine is so knowlegeable, friendly, prompt, and fun.

She took us to see the wild flamingos before the other tours got there, took us through Willemstad, showed us the island and told us about its people, gave us lots of insider info and just made sure we had a great time!

If you want a great tour guide for Curacao use Cheraldine Osepa's services. You can rest assured that she will take care of you!

After our island tour with Cheraldine, she dropped us off at Suzy and Mark's Dive Bus Hut. Joe and I were diving, some snorkeled, some sat around on the beach and Mom lazed in a lounger in the shade :)

There is something for everyone at the Dive Bus Hut!!!!

First off, Mark and Suzy run a wonderful dive shop! Customer service PLUS :) They are great fun, laid back, knowledgeable, helpful and most importantly, safety conscious.

Joe and I did a 1 tank dive with Mark--yes, just the 3 of us! We did a shore dive at Pierbaai beach. Mark gave a very good dive briefing and off we went.

Shore diving is a very relaxed way of entering the water--just walk out, fin up and down you go.

We saw, Hawk's bill turtle, Lizard fish, Scorpion fish, Flounder, banded Coral shrimp, Porcupine fish, Baracuda and my personal favorite--a Flying Gernard fish-- plus all of the other usual suspects (blue Chromis, Seargent Majors, etc.).

It was an absolutely fabulous dive!!!!

I took our U/W camera (1st time I have used it on a dive, our son usually deals with it) and was a bit nervous before the dive. Mark offered to take the camera down for me to see if I wanted to deal with it after I was down.

It ended up that Mark was kind enough to take pictures with it the whole time we were down. What a great guy!

After the dive, we sat at the on premise restaurant and Mark got out the fish ID book and showed us many of the unusual fish we had seen.

I can't stress how patient Mark was! One of the best dive master's I have had.

Suzy is a gem to help you work out the details of your day on Curacao.

Our dive was one of the highlights of the cruise for me.

Our whole group enjoyed the day on Curacao with Cheraldine Osepa Coast2coast@digicel.blackberry.com

and Suzy and Mark Pinnell with the Dive Bus Hut

www.the-dive-bus.com

Thanks Suzy, Mark and Cheraldine for a wonderful time on Curacao!

Archived