excursions

Jrfund

I have our first cuise planned for November. RCL Jewel of the Sea.

Our ports of call are Key West, for 8 hours
Cozemul , for 10 hours
Cayman, for 8 hours

looking at the excursions that the cruise line and other sites have, looks like the average time is like 4 to 5 hours topsfor an excursion. Seems to be too short to plan two excursions.
Has anyone planned two excursions in one day and is there a time you have to be back to the ship?

I've never booked two excursions in one day. You'd have to be pretty smart about doing it. There are often ones that you have many time choices on and some where you don't. You might do a sightseeing kind of tour early and then something that involves water sports or getting wet later. Keep in mind too that there's always tons of places to shop if you plan on wanting time to do that. Also, there are some excursions that already combine two into one if you look at them all. We have done some like that in the past but I'm a shopper so one is it for us. Always like to have lunch in port too at a local restaurant that's been recommended.

If you book the excursions through the cruise line they have to have you back to the ship in plenty of time or the ship waits on you. I don't know that I'd risk an excursion late in the day through an outside source since the ship then has no obligation to wait on you.

Thank you for the information.. We are not shoppers .. actually .. we plan on scuba diving .. (4 hours tops) and than .. it's a mystery if we can get sometime in that day (8 hours) just curious if all the cruise excursion start in the morning

some offer a lot within the excursions. On Cozumel, cozumelhomes.com offers a dune buggy excursion that includes lunch, snorkeling, some ruins (not telum), free beverages. So it has a lot included and may have some of what you are looking for.

Archived