Halloween Cruises on Carnival....

shafer812

Hi, we are going in the Triumph on October 27th with our two sons (5 & 8 years old). Anyone been on a cruise over Halloween? Do they provide Halloween activities??? My kids do not want to miss trick or treating or some kind of Halloween party. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Denise

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;10;30;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]  Triumph w/ DH, Sons 5 & 8, Papa & Great Papa & Me!

• 3 years later...
I organized a fundraising cruise for the Fantasy over Halloween last year and the ship went all out. You do need to remember to pack your costumes though as they will not supply that. Caution--the adult costumes can be, well, adult!

They did a bunch of fun things for the kids such as a costume contest and parade, candy was everywhere. BUt the decorations on the ship disappeared overnight and things were back to normal--so it is a day event!

I was on Carnival Destiny this past October, and they had one evening when there were Halloween decorations and a costume parade for the kids. Some of the staff wore costumes, kids could trick or treat at the shops, etc. Most of the kids participating had brought costumes from home, but one little boy dressed as a ghost by wearing his white bathrobe and putting a towel over his head. We didn't have kids with us, but it was fun to see the kids dressed up and wandering around the ship that evening.

On Carnival Paradise this last October (even a couple of weeks BEFORE Halloween) they started doing fun Halloween activities for the kids. One night Camp Carnival gave out a trick-or-treat treasure map. The kids (most in costume, some not) went to Camp Carnival and were given trick-or-treat bags and a "treasure map" with places on the ship. As we went to each stop on the treasure map one of the camp counselors was there, dressed up in costume, giving out candy. At the end there was a costume contest in one of the lounges, followed, I think, by a party back up in Camp Carnival. My DD and her friends had a GREAT time! I've attached a picture of the three girls all dressed up for trick-or-treating (my DD is in the middle, dressed as Princess Leia from Star Wars). They had fun halloween decorations all over the ship, too, as well as some fun halloween themed cookies or desert things in the dining room. They had a costume contest for the adults too, late at night. It was really fun.

We were on the Glory this past October and there was one day of Halloween activities. They had a candy scavenger hunt for the kids, costume contests, decorations and more. It was fun, but like another poster wrote, the decorations were down before you awoke the next morning. Our kids loved it. Beware, there were some ADULT costumes. (Mostly the staff, I might add!):rolleyes:

Archived