Travel Documents for 12 yo

basketballmom

My DH, DD and I will be sailing to Bermuda this summer. It is DD's 1st cruise. Since DH is DD's stepdad, would I be better off getting a passport with the documentation page from DD's father signed or would it be best to use her birthcertificate with a notarized letter from her dad? I don't want to get to the terminal and then have problems with customs.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;8;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

NCL Majesty

when we cruised last july with my 15 yr old son and his stepdad, I got my son a passport, and we also had a notarized letter. Regardless of birth certificate or passport, you must have a notarized letter of consent from the biological parent if not traveling with you. Not an easy task to obtain always, but we bit the bullet and asked for the letter from his father. I also took a copy (not an original) of my divorce decree stating I was sole custodial parent as well as a copy of my marriage license showing the name change. I know it seems like alot, but it really wasn't that bad. All the papers fit neatly into a folder that went into my carry on luggage. My son's passport, notarized letter from father, copy of divorce decree and copy of marriage license. whew.... we didn't have any issues at all. And of course, no one asked for any of these docs !! I think my son having a passport made things much smoother.

*** Jodie ***

"is it happy hour yet ?"

Archived