Rhino Rider/Atlantis Adventure, how far to port?

racepoint

We are sailing Princess in April and I'm looking into booking the Rhino Rider excursion through Atlantis Adventures, rather than through Princess. Can anyone tell me how far this place is from the cruise port? I'm trying to figure if we have enough time to make it to this excursion for 8:30 a.m. (My documents say we get into port at 7:00 a.m.) Just don't know how far of a taxi ride we'd have and if we should risk it. I'm looking at doing this early and then heading to Orient Beach to spend the rest of the day.

we did it as a ship excursion and it took 20-25 minutes to get there (with some nice views along the way) and about 30-40 minutes to return. Our driver said traffic gets heavier in the afternoon and we did creep along a bit.

Dont forget, once the ship gets into port, it is usually another 30-60 minutes for the ship to clear and passenger to begin to disembark.

We did the Rhino Rider in December and had a blast. It was about a $20 cab ride - and took about 20 minutes. The cruise lines would not let us do it with our 6 and 5 year old - but the operator was more than willing to take us. The cruise wanted to charge us apprx $100 a rider and by going direct - it ended up being apprx $50 each. I emailed the operator directly - and he was really helpful. Don't forget about the time change (our boat did not change times - but the island is 1 hour ahead) - we had to change our trip.

If you want to go direct - contact Oliver at rhino_safari@yahoo.com

Great guy, very helpful

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Was this with Atlantis adventure? I take it they do not pick you up at the cruise ship. Can you rent a car, park it at the beach and then do the rhino rider and then use the rental car to go to another area? Is this Simpson Bay Beach? Can you hang out there? Is it nice?

Archived