Venice on Sunday??

Splendour arrived back in to port on Sunday and we had no problem anywhere! Everything was open, after dropping our luggage off first thing in the morning (many stores were not quite open yet-but did open a little later) we had booked a photographer to take family photos throughout Venice. After we were done with that we had the secret tour of the Doges palace booked but didn't quite make it in time. The photo tour took a little longer than expected. Did not mind though as I love our photos.

The only store that wasn't open that I had wanted to see was a place that specializes in acrylic eyeglass frames. I had contacted him through email and he told me he would not be open on Sundays.

Venice is so amazing. You need to stay the night though and experience it without the crowds.

We will be going on the Costa SERENA in November and doing one night pre-cruise at a hotel near St. Marks. I am in a dilemma about the hotel on the post-cruise night. We have a flight leaving Venice at 6:00AM, which means having to be at the airport at 4AM. The public water taxis are not running at that time and it will cost 140 Euros for the water taxi to the airport if we stay in the St. Mark's area that night. Was thinking of staying post-cruise at the Courtyard Marriott, which is only a half mile from the airport. Any suggestions? How would we get from the cruise port to the hotel near the airport, and then how would we get back into Venice for the day after we checked into the hotel? Or should we store our luggage at the station near the cruise pier and pick it up on our way to check into the hotel that evening? Might make more sense rather than going back and forth to the hotel just to leave the luggage (since we would more than likely not be able to check in to our room that morning). If we stored our luggage at the Piazza Roma for the day, what is the best way to get from there to the hotel near the airport that evening? Any information will be most appreciated.:rolleyes:

One of our fondest memories is taking the water taxi from our hotel to the airport. As my husband said...he felt like a rock star! I would think the hassle of storage, back and forth, and staying at a hotel away from Venice proper would not be worth it...it's Venice! Splurge and count the cost of the water taxi as a super way to end a wonderful vacation...extraordinary!:)

Where is the nearest place to the Port of Venice to pick up wine and champagne for our cruise on March 5th. We are allowed to take a couple of bottles to celebrate our birthdays. Any information would be much appreciated.

Val.P:)

Where is the nearest place to the Port of Venice to pick up wine and champagne for our cruise on March 5th. We are allowed to take a couple of bottles to celebrate our birthdays. Any information would be much appreciated.

Val.P:)

Only eleven days until our cruise and haven't a clue where we can get the wine etc. :(

Archived