What do they have that you wish RCCL had?

flagger

Another vote for self-serve laundry...loved that on Princess...

Also agree that free internet for suite cruisers and up would be great, or better yet just drop the price for everyone to 10 cents a minute or so, or sell blocks of internet time in a package which is more reasonably priced than the current per minute charge...then I'd actually use it on the ship (for now its just not worth it)...

But best of all would be the ability to stay in the cabin until called on disembarkation day...hate the feeling of being "herded off" on the last day...

I'm afraid my list will be mostly repetative:

Self-service laundry (even if I don't use it, I like knowing it's there -- I'm surprised at the people who say the ship's laundry prices are reasonable; they seem sky-high to me)

Permission to stay in my cabin later on disembarkation day (though I understand that this is probably impossible because of the need for a quick turn-around).

Water slides

I'll add these things:

More docked ports, fewer tenders

The ability to make specialty restaurants reservations before boarding

Crew members with a backbone to enforce rules on chair hogging by the pool

First-run movies in the evenings (either indoors or by the pool); my husband just isn't a fan of live shows

Who knows :eek: For now we'll just put up with the crappy room service options :)

###

You can ASK for anything normally served on the buffet /dining room during breakfast hours. For simplicity, they try to keep the room service options to a minimum, but they will usually deliver whatever you request. Of course, you should tip well since this means they're going "above and beyond" for you.

I didn't know Freedom OTS has freshwater pools! I would have taken that into major consideration when I was booking last month, because nobody in my family will use any of the pools on the ships because they are salt water.

Anyway these are mine...

More realistic soda card prices

I don't need to stay in the room longer on disembarkation day, but I just feel like that whole process is horrible. Have some type of entertainment or something so it doesn't put a damper on the vacation

And I am all for seafood buffets!! That would be worth every penny of what I paid for the cruise. I would probably be in heaven.

A wall map showing the current position of the ship. Not just on the TV's, but a large mural-sized map in a public area (like on Carnival).

Princess had that too. It was a large electronic map that showed the current position of the ship. I liked that as well.

Ok as most posters have already mentioned, I would love to have sushi in the afternoon and more seafood options at dinner. I would also like improved food and dessert quality but the ONE thing that I don't understand why RCCL doesn't do is make grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. I hate having a burger that has been sitting under a heating lamp for 3 hours. Give me a good burger, hot dog, fries and cheesesteak by the pool like Carnival does.

I loved the evening snack buffet on the Sapphire Princess I went on in January, 2006. Just came off of the Navigator of the Seas and the only snacks in the evening was in the cafe in the royal promenade. Just o.k.

Missed the fruit and selection in the buffet.

I loved the evening snack buffet on the Sapphire Princess I went on in January, 2006. Just came off of the Navigator of the Seas and the only snacks in the evening was in the cafe in the royal promenade. Just o.k.

Missed the fruit and selection in the buffet.

Now you HAD to go and remind me of it didn't you!! I just ran into the kitchen to check our "private" cafe. No buffet there either.

Look on the bright side....We didn't gain as much weight as we did on Princess did we??? Now that's a GOOD thing! :D

You can keep your MUTS, sushi bar, and anytime dining!

Just give us afternoon tea but - more importantly - PLEASE give us caraffes and teapots that have NEVER been used for coffee! :D

(For the non-tea drinkers, it makes the tea taste like coffee. Similar to walking into a room where someone has been smoking - the cigarette and smoke are gone but the 'aroma' is still there. :mad: )

but the ONE thing that I don't understand why RCCL doesn't do is make grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. I hate having a burger that has been sitting under a heating lamp for 3 hours. Give me a good burger, hot dog, fries and cheesesteak by the pool like Carnival does.

I completely agree and stated this earlier on. Why just the Windjammer's same heating lamp food day in and out. How about some variety during the day and grilled food is great on a summer day.

Self laundry service, INCLUING IRONS, (that auto shut off).

24 hour food court.

Ability to purchase bottles of alcohol (legally) for in cabin use.

A better future cruise program, like Princess.

Instead of cruise credits for # of cruises, there should be # of days at sea credits. And paid catagory of cabin should factor in as well.

Ditto that! I sailed on a Princess cruise last year and I have to admit the laundry room (complete with iron & ironing board) were wonderful for our 7-night cruise. I was able to do laundry and iron, all within an hours time. Round the clock food service would be second on my list.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the things that are being suggested are already in effect. A "Next Cruise" program where you can put down a $100 deposit for a future cruise without designating a specific cruise is now being offered, and on many RCI ships the muster is held in public rooms rather than on deck. In that regard, it seems to me that where the muster is held is far less important than the information which is provided to the guests at the muster station. Disruptive or inattentive guests at the muster are as bad at the muster wherever it is held. It is also important to realize that in an actual emergency it may not be advisable or safe to go to the muster station where the drill was held. What is important is to listen to and closely follow the directions issued at the time of the emergency. I might agree with the "anytime dining" suggestion, although I prefer traditional dining, if RCI could handle it more successfully than Princess does. Ask the hundreds of Princess passengers who requested traditional dining but were shuffled off into "anytime dining" because more people asked for traditional dining than Princess is equipped to handle because they adhere to an inflexible system that designates only one dining room for traditional dining regardless of the number of passengers requesting it on any particular cruise.

Movies Under the Stars might be a nice addition as long as it remains "Under the Stars" and doesn't degenerate into Movies Under the Sun or Stars and take over the pool area from 8am until late evening as is the case on those Princess ships which offer it. As with so many good ideas, the devil is in the details.

I also don't believe that a cruise line has to be all things to all people, so if particular features are more important to you, choose the line that offers them.

Archived