Sailing 2/17 on Grandeur of the Seas - HELP

rbrennan

I have numerous questions. It has been a while since I cruised and even longer since I cruised with my kids G10 and B13.

1) My son where shorts 365 days a year and we live in the NE of the US where the winters are cold. Will he absolutely be turned away from the dining room on a formal night if he has shorts on but has a dress shirt and tie?

2) I have read a couple of conflicting reports regarding the drink card for NA beverages. Is it 15.00 for a 7 day cruise or is it 4.00 a day? Does the pass include a cup? I was packing cups but would prefer not to have to take them.

3) Our flight home is at 9:50am from NO. Do you think we have a chance of making this flight if we tell the purser right away that we need to disembark immediatly on the return?

4) What are people's opinion of off shore excursions? Keep in mind we have a 10 and 13 yr old. We were going to do the snorkeling with the stingrays at Grand Cayman but then I read about going to the Hyatt and renting the equipment there and even jet skiis. Has anyone done that? Also is there Parasialing from the Hyatt?

5)If they "guys" were to rent a tux on board, approx how much does it cost? Should we do it right away (1st night?)

I think that is all (at least for now) We leave in less than a week and I hate to over pack (which I always seem to do)

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPS ME! I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES!

Robin in CT

Hello,

First of I sailed Grandeur from Baltimore, not NO so there I can't help. But as far as the shorts go, you will not be turned away from the dining room but you may get some looks. Who cares. My DS(12) put on his long pants for dinner and then went to change and off to kids club again.

If you are comfortable with the kids doing the stingray swim, then they will be fine. We would do it with our older 2. (12 & 9) Both are great swimmers. I think with the Tux, you should order now so that they are sure to have the right size on board for you. A tux is not neccesary, but if it is what you want to do.

Have a Great Cruise!!!

1) My son where shorts 365 days a year and we live in the NE of the US where the winters are cold. Will he absolutely be turned away from the dining room on a formal night if he has shorts on but has a dress shirt and tie?
Unlikely he'll be 'turned away' however be prepared - if some of the matre'ds are more stringent than others.

3) Our flight home is at 9:50am from NO. Do you think we have a chance of making this flight if we tell the purser right away that we need to disembark immediatly on the return?
That would be cutting it very close! There is a 'chance' but a greater chance that something somewhere along the line will hold you up. If you want to try - I would recommend packing light and carrying off your luggage yourself.

5)If they "guys" were to rent a tux on board, approx how much does it cost? Should we do it right away (1st night?) ?
you can and should pre-order (before you board) - be forewarned, non of the tuxes come with shorts :D !

Archived