kids on Serenade of the Seas ???'s

erin1998

Good afternoon :D

I have a question and know that I will get some great advice here. We are looking to take a cruise in the early part of next year. We have cruised with Celebrity once and Disney once and we would like to try Royal Caribbean for our next holiday.

We were originally going to sail on the Freedom of the Seas or LOS because of the ship. But I really love the southern caribbean itinerary on the Serenade of the seas.

My question is (finally) will my son be out of place/bored on this ship? There seems to be lots of things to do on FOS and LOS (h20 zone, etc), but are there things for kids on the Serenade?

When we sailed on Celebrity, there weren't many children and not lots for kids to do. Will we encounter that on the Serenade? Is there a kid's pool, mini golf or arcade? I am really hoping he wouldn't be bored on this ship as I really want to cruise on it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Erin

Hi Erin,

We also wanted to do the Southern Caribbean and I considered the Serenade but decided to book on Adventure of the Seas for 12/09/07.

We just sailed on Voyager this past December and I don't think my kids (ages 13 and 14.5) would like a smaller ship as much. I think the only major thing that the Voyager class ships don't have that the FOS and LOS have is the FlowRider. They still have the great Royal Promenade, rock-climbing wall, miniature golf, ice-skating rink, etc.

We will be sailing out of San Juan with stops at Aruba, Curacao, St. Martin, and St. Thomas.

Maybe this could be an option for you.

Have fun planning!

Cassie

Good afternoon, :)

Thanks for your reply.

We did look at the Adventure of the Seas, but we really like the itinerary for the Serenade better (St. Lucia, barbados, etc). The Adventure does offer this itinerary in 2008, but it is in April and we are looking to go in January or February.

I'm sure my son (who will be 9 years old at cruise time) will enjoy himself on the Serenade! :D After all, we will be in the hot caribbean sun no matter what ship we go on.

Thanks again

Erin

Good afternoon :D

I have a question and know that I will get some great advice here. We are looking to take a cruise in the early part of next year. We have cruised with Celebrity once and Disney once and we would like to try Royal Caribbean for our next holiday.

We were originally going to sail on the Freedom of the Seas or LOS because of the ship. But I really love the southern caribbean itinerary on the Serenade of the seas.

My question is (finally) will my son be out of place/bored on this ship? There seems to be lots of things to do on FOS and LOS (h20 zone, etc), but are there things for kids on the Serenade?

When we sailed on Celebrity, there weren't many children and not lots for kids to do. Will we encounter that on the Serenade? Is there a kid's pool, mini golf or arcade? I am really hoping he wouldn't be bored on this ship as I really want to cruise on it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Erin

We originally had been on the Mariner for our first cruise and my girls loved it, especially the promenade. I was nervous about not having that or the ice skating rink. They did not miss it. :D I think since the Serenade itinerary is very port intensive, there wasn't much time spent onboard. Whereas on the Mariner, we had 3 sea days. The Serenade has an arcade, minigolf, rock climbing wall and they do have a water slide. They also have the Seaview Cafe, which is something we will miss on the Navigator. Truth be told, there were definitely less kids on the Serenade and that may be because it sails from PR. I don't think he will be bored. JMHO. Enjoy!

Archived