Autographed pillow cases... trying again!

c*est moi

My other post isn't working, but this is definitely worth sharing!

Thanks to Momx4Grandmax4 we all know the secret about pillowcases (yeah!!! thanks again). I bought autograph photo frames (Michael's has them, probably others do too). I took them to Guest Services on Day 1 to see if I could get them signed. Sure enough, they will not only sign pillowcases, but also t-shirts, photo frames, and they even have a category called "other", so who knows what else!!! They also will allow you to specify if you want only certain characters (like princesses) or all charcters or whatever. I decorated our frames with green, purple, pink flowers and when the frames showed up in our stateroom they were autographed by the princesses in the exact same solors of ink (pink, purple, green). So stinking cute! Our frames showed up on Wednesday and were used to decorate our oom by our stateroom host. When the girls returned from dinner that night, they had received a special "gift" from the princesses - it was so sweet!

I Must Also Say Thank You For The Pillowcase Idea.

When We Boarded The Ship, There Was Not One Person

Waiting At Guest Servivces And I Just Walked Up And

Gave Them My Pillow Cases, Markers To Match The Kids

Bedrooms And Request Of What Characters I Wanted.

They Were Great And Done Exactly The Way I Asked.

Barb

Yes, include markers too. Only put in the colors you want them to use.

Lighter colors dont work as good. yellow, light pink dont show up well, darker colors work best.

I also include a card with our names and room number on it, just in case they loose the tag they put on the outside of the baggie.

mom x4,grandma x4

is there a list somewhere on who the characters are onboard? We are going on the repositioning cruise next may and would love to do this for my nephew. I would love to do this for my daughter but she might think it a bit childish as she is almost 25. but she can't go on this cruise and she loves the princesses and stitch and eeyore.

Hi, i dont know of any list,

but stitch is there and cinderella, snow white, belle, pocohontas, lelo,mickey,minnie,goofy, pluto, donald, daisy, sometimes the Incredibles, peter pan, wendy, the white rabbit, the mad hatter, Mr. Sneed, Captain Hook,Gepetto,pinocchio, chip and dale,queen of hearts,sleeping beauty, plus a few more I'm sure. Those are just off the top of my head that I can remember.

when you leave the pillowcases you can ask for pirncesses only, or just Mickey and Minnie or ask for everyone they can get.

Pooh characters are not on the ship. Some kind of legal snafu. So no eeyore, sorry.

mom x4,grandma x4

When we go next week on the Wonder we have 2 pillowcases, I was thinking of getting my DCL hat with the fab 5 plus chip and dale. My niece is a big cinderella fan so I may have to get something with her on it too. On the Magic they did not use any of the pens they told me they had plenty.

Lexi

Ok, I missed the earlier post explaining about the pillow cases, and my search feature keeps timing out. Can you give me more details about this? It sounds like you can leave items at the purser's desk, and the characters will autograph them? :confused:

Hi, ok here is how it works, very easy.

You can take (prewashed and ironed) white pillowcases or picture frames, t-shirts etc.. Put them in a ziplock baggie with some waterproof markers and leave them off the first day at guest services desk and ask for them to be autographed. They will be returned to you the last night all signed.

I also add a card in the baggie with my name and room number just in case the outer tag they put on it gets lost. Also they ask to not leave a bunch of things. 2 pillowcases or a couple of shirts ok, not 10 pillowcases or 10 shirts if you get my drift. if you have 2 rooms, leave a baggie for each room and you can get extra done that way.

Darker colors look best, light yellows, pinks dont show up well on white colored backgaround.

They really want you to leave it the first day so they have alll week to do this for you. Hundreds of people do this each cruise, so it does take them some time to do. This is a free courtesy for their guests.

mom x4,grandma x4

is there a list somewhere on who the characters are onboard? We are going on the repositioning cruise next may and would love to do this for my nephew. I would love to do this for my daughter but she might think it a bit childish as she is almost 25. but she can't go on this cruise and she loves the princesses and stitch and eeyore.

Here's a link to the characters you may see onboard. As for which characters will sign, people have reported how that varies, but you can mark that you want certain ones or some excluded. Hope this helps!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1011496

• 2 months later...

Were on the Wonder last week. Left pillowcase with sharpies. Asked castmember for all signatures. Pillowcase came back without princesses, but everyone else. Called and asked. Was told that the pillowcase gets sent with the info, but cannot guarantee who will sign. The little white piece of paper that castmember included was checked off for ALL signatures. It's a hit or miss. Last time requested same and got all signatures.

Bill,

I got my sharpies back every time and so did my friends. Maybe yours just got set aside by accident. Sorry to hear you didnt get them back.

mom x4,grandma x4

Thanks for the reply. I wondered if it was an oversight or they just kept them all.

Glad to know they just forgot. Just have to buy more for the next cruise.:)

Bill

I have to tell you my husband thought the pillow cases were kind of a dumb idea but when we got them back on the last night of the cruise, he suggested we frame them. They really do turn out cute. They asked if we had boys or girls and since we had 2 boys we got no princess signatures even though we requested all signatures. Thanks to those who let us know about this cute idea!

I am so excited to do this! We don't have kids, so I'm not planning to do a pillow case, but I would love an autographed picture frame to display! Has anyone tried the "other" category that the OP mentioned? Thanks for all of the great info!

I'm really suprised that one of the posters didn't get "ALL" the signatures they requested. Do the cast members "assigned" to the roles really sign each and every item? I kind of assumed (since they take them and return them to you) that they have some people who sit and sign everything- seems like it didn't matter who signed it, it has the same magic to the kids. Especially since they likely have multiple "mickeys" and "jasmines" on the ship.

But I love that they do that. I'm 23 and love the princesses :)

Ok, I think I finally figured it out. I definitely want to do a picture frame, plus I might see if they can autograph the border of a 12x12 page of scrapbook paper, then I'll use this page as the title page for our cruise scrapbook. I figure I'll create a title and block off the middle of the page for a large photo before giving it to them... what do you think?

Archived