Ultimate Balcony Dining

2B@C

Has anyone tried this? We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary and traveling with another couple who are celebrating their 25th, this caught our eye as something that might make for a very special evening (and something that we may be able to surprise our friends with). Couple of questions though for anyone who might know... Is the menu offered the same as the dining rooms for that evening? Also, Princess states that balcony dining is only avaliable in select staterooms, I'm sure for size reasons. We're on the Diamond in E732, aft facing balcony, which is certainly larger than the average balcony, but is it big enough for a table for four adults? And I fully expect there to be an additional charge for having a personal waiter in your stateroom, but I haven't found any information on it yet. Any thoughts?

Has anyone tried this? We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary and traveling with another couple who are celebrating their 25th, this caught our eye as something that might make for a very special evening (and something that we may be able to surprise our friends with). Couple of questions though for anyone who might know... Is the menu offered the same as the dining rooms for that evening? Also, Princess states that balcony dining is only avaliable in select staterooms, I'm sure for size reasons. We're on the Diamond in E732, aft facing balcony, which is certainly larger than the average balcony, but is it big enough for a table for four adults? And I fully expect there to be an additional charge for having a personal waiter in your stateroom, but I haven't found any information on it yet. Any thoughts?

The charge for the UBD was $50pp, we made our choice of entree the day before it was a choice of lobster, filet or surf N turf, it included flowers and a picture for each couple.

There were 9 of us who did this on the Diamond in September and they set the table up in the unused side of the horizen court and put planters etc around, it was wonderful to share the experience with friends and well worth it.

YES YES YES, it's a very special way to celebrate an anniversary. We had it last June and it was worth every dime. The food and service is exceptional and you can't beat the view.

Do it early in the cruise so you can enjoy the bouquet of flowers all week.

You also get a photo and drinks included.

We also did the balcony dinner...twice. Once on the Diamond , and just again on the Golden. Both times it was very good.

Call room service when you get on board, and choose a date.If you have any sea days it might be nice..as long as it doesn't interfere with formal night (unless you'd perfer it). They only have 1 a night I think, so call early so you won't be disappointed.

You will be asked what time, and they will go over the menu with you.

Everything we had was delicious, the flowers beautiful, and the photogrpher comes to the room to take more than one shot, and you get to choose an 8x10.

They come about an hour before to set up...then when the time comes they come and serve one course at a time...disappearing inbetween.

We thought it was well worth it, and will do it again on our next cruise.

Archived