lanyards/id

pedsnurse

I have read alot about the idea of having a lanyard, my question is do you need a plastic cover to put your room id inor are they plastic already? I made the lanyards for our party but am just not sure if i need to buy something to put the room key in. Help!

For the young ones (those under21) I would have hook type closure put on the end of the lanyard. Then when they get their cards there will be holes punched in the card (to prevent underage drinking). Put the hook through the hole and off they go. The older ones need a clamp type device. They can remove the card easily for payment of drinks ect. As above the card looks like any Credit card and is the same size.

I use the hook type lanyard. I just go to the purser's desk and ask them to punch a hole in my keycard. Then just hand the card, lanyard attached, to whoever needs it. The hole is punched so the card can be scanned without removing the lanyard. Works great.

Helpful hint: Loop the lanyard/card over the inside handle of your cabin door so you won't forget it on your way out. :D

I bought some great lanyards that combo as a wallet for my last cruise with friends. I got them on ebay. Just key in the key words 'neck wallet' on ebay and they'll pop up. They come in several bright colors and have two zipper compartments and also have a clear plastic pocket for an id too. They're 4 x 7 inches in size and give just enough extra room so you can carry a little more than your cruise ship id without feeling:) weighed down. I popped in my lipstick, a little cash and my sunglasses . . . ready to go!

Archived