Galaxy - Med 2008? Anyone Know?

LEtue

Just wondering if any of you Celebrity cruise regulars have heard anything about the Galaxy returning to the Med in 2008....

The 7 day Greek Isle cruise is exactly what I'm looking for and I'm hoping Celebrity will offer this same itinerary in 2008 :D

LEtue,

Just wondering if any of you Celebrity cruise regulars have heard anything about the Galaxy returning to the Med in 2008....

The 7 day Greek Isle cruise is exactly what I'm looking for and I'm hoping Celebrity will offer this same itinerary in 2008 :D

It's likely that Celebrity will offer a similar set of itineraries' date=' as yields in Europe are much higher than yields in the Caribbean, but there probably will be some shuffling. The first ship of the brand new [i']Solstice[/i] class (117,000 tons, 2850 passengers) is due to enter service in the fall of 2008. It's most likely that she will take over the routes courrently operated by GTS Millennium and that GTS Millennium will take over many of the routes currently operated by MV Galaxy. I think that MV Galaxy will continue to deploy to the Mediterranean, though, probably retaining some of the routes that she now operates there.

In any case, Celebrity will publish the schedules for the summer/fall 2008 season and the winter/spring 2008-2009 season around May or June of 2007. Stay tuned.

Norm.

Archived