NCL credit card

Sootie

I use my card for everything, and I do mean everything.

Everything? How about the small change up to, let's say, $10? We have bought (charged to BoA) gift cards for our super markets, Panera Bread, Walgreens, McDonalds, Wawa (our local 7-11 type store) and others. We use them for small amounts (up to $10) that otherwise would not add to our points. When the cards are empty, we recharge them via the BoA card. Every little bit helps. Unfortunately our city does not take credit cards for Real Estate Taxes. In NJ, the state with the highest R.E. Taxes, that would be a substantial boost. Oh well. . .

Everything? How about the small change up to, let's say, $10? We have bought (charged to BoA) gift cards for our super markets, Panera Bread, Walgreens, McDonalds, Wawa (our local 7-11 type store) and others. We use them for small amounts (up to $10) that otherwise would not add to our points. When the cards are empty, we recharge them via the BoA card. Every little bit helps. Unfortunately our city does not take credit cards for Real Estate Taxes. In NJ, the state with the highest R.E. Taxes, that would be a substantial boost. Oh well. . .

Not sure why you buy the gift cards?? I use my NCL card for EVERYTHING I possibly can. For the $5 McDonalds bill, etc. Alll bills (direct tv, cell phone, ect) that can be paid by credit card go on the NCL card. At first it felt weird to pay by credit card for things less then $10, but I'm use to it now. :D Every once in a great while, a clerk will tell me it has to be over a certain amount, but that is usually in a small Mom&Pop like store.

We have been on 4 NCL cruises and each time we have asked about a NCL credit card only to be told that it can only be applied for by people with a USA address. When I contacted NCL in the UK I was told that it was because it is through an American bank. This seems crazy as most cards can be used world wide.

I have had the same dilemma in Canada. After talking to many people all the way to the top the final answer I got was that because we live in Canada the US bank cannot come after us for any outstanding balances if we decided not to pay.

Which makes sense.

Yet I have 2 amex cards one US and one Canadian.

I use my NCL card for EVERYTHING I possibly can. For the $5 McDonalds bill, etc. Alll bills (direct tv, cell phone, ect) that can be paid by credit card go on the NCL card. At first it felt weird to pay by credit card for things less then $10, but I'm use to it now. :D Every once in a great while, a clerk will tell me it has to be over a certain amount, but that is usually in a small Mom&Pop like store.

We charge nearly everything now too and it took us a while to get used to it, as we were used to paying cash as we went. Because we weren't used to charging and were concerned we could lose track of how much we were spending and run up a bill, we started to track it - and the benefit is that we now know exactly where our money is going. Just as the articles on saving money will tell you, even the small purchases add up, which is why we charge nearly everything - for the most part $10 and over.

Archived