Manatee excursion

mjandkj

I booked the Manetee tour with Coral Breeze last week for my cruise 3/11 on the Miracle

They gave me a confirmation and notice that they use Hammerhead Sports as the tour operator. They did indicate that they have a minimum of 8. So I'm hoping some others sign up as well.

The attached link reads pretty good and we wanted to do something different. Last year we were in Belize and did the Covetubing with Yhonni, I would highly recommend that as an alternative.

Good luck

J

http://www.coralbreezetours.com/Belize/manatees/cruise/tour/current_category.15/Product.150/tours_add.html?t_product=150

http://www.coralbreezetours.com/Belize/manatees/cruise/tour/current_category.15/Product.150/tours_add.html?t_product=150

See the attached link

We just signed up with coral breeze to do the manetee tour.

I received a confirmation quickly and they informed me that there is aminimum of 8 needed so I hopeing that some other sign quickly.

I leave on 3/11 on the Miracle which doesn't leave too much time.

I hope this helps.

J

We did this tour and had a few problems with it, especially the way the boat was driven. However, when we got back and I emailed Coral Breeze and let them know about the problems they were very concerned. I believe they did all they could to prevent it happening again.

Having said that I would not recommend this tour if you do not like fast speed boats hitting waves hard, or for anyone with back or neck problems. :eek:

We didn't see any manetee, but I guess that happens sometimes with wildlife! :)

• 1 month later...

I did the manatee excursion with coral breeze in March. We boated to Bannister Island to drop off people who didn't want to snorkel

and then out to the snorkeling area.

We spent about 45 minutes swimming in the coral and saw lots of colorful fish, most were small but I did see a small baracudda - maybe 3 feet.

Getting back in the boat was the hard part - the boarding ladder was water level.

When we got back to the island we stayed there for 2 hours. They gave us some drink chits and we purchased some food, both hit the spot.

After that we loaded back into the boat - which was maybe 20 feet and had 2 crew and 8 passengers - and headed about 3 miles to the island chains that the manatee live in.

We did see a couple surface at a range of 75 to 100 ft but none closer. The crew did try.

We got back with plenty of time to walk slowly, do some shopping and get the tender.

Hope this helps.

After I got home, I got a questionaire asking how the trip was and I related about the ladder and suggested a more complete shade tarp ---- because us northerner's are winter white and prone to fry.

They were happy to get the suggestion.

J

Archived